Bronchilitus - Isla has just come back from hospital

sparky

Reaction score
We've been in there since the weekend when she got really poorly, she had to be tube fed for a couple of days as she was suffocating when feeding. Poor wee thing has had to endure 2 hourly drainage as well which was horrific for her.

Back home this morning and will be in the house for a couple of weeks before she makes a full recovery...and i think its unfair to pass it on to others.

We are SOOOO grateful we have a childrens hospital in edinburgh and that we were able to stay with her the whole time and participate as much as possible with her care.

Reading the other posts on this i would like to stress that she was not given antibiotics as they simply DO NOT WORK, its just the usual GP fob off...all that can be done is support them to fight it themselves.

Its a real epidemic this year and Isla deteriorated very quickly so keep an eye on your wee ones and most importantly trust your insticts.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I hope she is better soon. sam has had this twice already :hug: and I know how awful it is to see them poorly. Hospital was mentioned twice and luckily he was never admitted.

I hope she makes a speedy recovery.

oh hun hope she gets better quickly xxxxxx :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I took Alex to the doctors today as he has had a cough for about a week that has got worse, yesterday he began wheezing. Took him to the docs this morning and he said that he had broncholitis, and it should improve in a couple of days. Its got a bit worse today He did give us a prescription for antibiotics and said only start them if he got a temperature or got much worse. He is at home, with his dad who has been off work ill himself. Dont want to pass it on to the other babies at nursery! He seems pretty good in himself Still eating and drinking. Just a bit more grumpy and whiney than normal!!

Hope your little one is better soon!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back