poorly with bronchilitus):

katie05

Reaction score
My poor wee girl has been coughing a lot the past week and took her to the docs yesterday and he said she has bronchilitus. Ive know a bit about it and know its common in 3-6 month olds but has anyones little one had this as im wondering when she will start to feel better and how you helped them?x

Not experienced this myself with Amber but just wanted to say hope LO feels better soon :hug: :hug:

my eldest son got that at 3 months he got admitted to hosp mainy because he has a hole in his heart so it was to be monitored one thing hosp did was make sure they sleep raised up abit really it took my lil boy a good month and half to get over it its that barking cough what wouldnt shift they start to get better after two weeks but the cough can remain for weeks also with if ur lil one isnt feeding that good because of it feeds little and often is ur best bet hope i have helped

my son got this when he was 8 weeks old and he was really poorly with it, ended up in hospital on oxygen and tube feed, he was only in for 4 nights but as soon as he got the anti biotics into him he turned the corner really fast.
it is horrible for the kids to get this, hope ur LO is feeling much better soon :hug:

Thank you for your replies. She was coughing bad last night and her breathing was awful. I put her in bed with me as i couldnt bear to listen to her. :( Thing is shes still smiling lots and happy enough. Im hoping she will be a bit better for christmas as we are supposed to be away visiting family but will have to see.

Thanks again. :hug:

and now ive just made myself worse by typing it in google and reading up on it. :( :(

aww Thomas had it hun and it got worse before it got better but it did get better quickly within about 2 weeks it was all sorted
xx

Isla has it, and given it to me, she was also hospitalised for a few nights last week, tube fed and had two hourly drainage.

All you can do is make lo comfortable and feed little and often, do your best to clear the airways as babies have to breathe through their noses when feeding (isla was suffocating when she fed so refused) cot elevated, plenty of cuddles etc.

She is soooooooooo much better now, not over it just yet but they spring back very quickly. The hospital did not perscribe anti-biotics as they will not work on the virus but are useful if lo develops a secondary baterial infection on the chest. its really bad this year, they had to open another ward whilst we were in as there were so many admissions.

Trust your instincts tho, and take lo along to hospital/docs if you feel the need.

The docs told us that day 6 was the worse, as it follows a pattern and after that they start to imporve.

Hang in there hon x

Charlie has had it...he got an infection with it but after antibiotics is a lot better. It has taken two weeks to get better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back