Brlliant Mother...

shadow

Reaction score
I'm after some idea of how to say thank you to my mam. She has been such a support to me over the last week- its overwhelming.

I currently live 35miles away from my mam and dad, and over the last week my mam must have been have been to visit me at leat 3 times. She dropped everything when i rang her today, to take me to the hosp, is coming back up tommorrow to take me food shopping and to bingo (i know BINGO, I am only 25 honest!). then we are having a pamper day (as a belated bday outing) on wed (and the hosp in the afternoon), and she's coming back up on thurs to take me to hosp again. Over a fortnight, she will have clocked up about 500miles!

She's been off work with depression for the last few eeeks, and I feel like I am taking advantage of her, when i mentioned it to her today, she said "your my daughter, I'd lay down my life for you, so driving you around is nothing". :shock:

She is just so brilliant, and I want to do or get something for her to show her how brilliant she is, but am a bit stumped for ideas. Any suggestions?

Hi, maybe you could send her some flowers from a florist as a surprise and put a message card in them telling her how much you want to say thankyou, i did this for my mum once and arranged for them to be delivered to her work, it made her day and they lasted for ages! its quite expensive but well worth it.

I agree flowers are lovely whn they are delivered! they always go down well when i send them!

Im not sure what you could buy her but what about making her a cake or even just letting her know how much it has meant to you would be a fabulous present not to mention helping with her depression.

p.s I love bingo. Its my guilty pleasure. :D

i agree with the flowers...my mu has been the same recently (being down) and i got her some flowers early for mother's day and she loved them :)
Might get her some more come pay day...

if money isn't too much of a problem at the moment how about something more lasting like a piece of jewellry? I bought my mum a necklace she liked - albeit as an early 'mothers day' gift but it was more than I might have spent otherwise and I know she was dead chuffed and will think of me whenever she wears it.

Having said that it doesnt have to be something expensive to be lasting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back