Brief Engagements?

Rosebay

Reaction score
Hi,

over the past week I have occasionally felt like everything has gone South- especially after I've been walking home from work (45 mins- I take it very slowly though). Basically I get home or to work, sit down for a bit and then when I get to stand up it feels like there's a weight in my pelvis, I'm running to the loo every half an hour and it's very difficult and uncomfortable to walk anywhere. I am very short (5ft) and my Mum says that she engaged 4 weeks before her due date but that even before that she had little trial runs. Is anyone else having this? If it becomes permenant is it time to call it a day work-wise do you think (I still have three weeks to go at the moment?) I am calling it a day on walking for longer than 15 mins from now on for sure! Are there any tips for being more comfotable when you are engaged or is it just a case of sitting next to a loo with your feet up?

Thanks!
+++

I just sit with my legs wide apart as possible, very un lady like!

If I were you I would give up work, especially as you have had high blood pressure as well.

Take advantage of the time to relax before baby!

Hi Cat!

Still here?! How's it going? I haven't had high blood pressure thankfully- actually it's been very low, and nothing else unusual has happened so far. It kind of feels like it's dipping down and then changing its mind. I guess it could be the walking that sets it all off though...? Maybe I should see how the not walking very far rule goes and then think about work...? Hmm. I think I'll go mad with the waiting if I'm at home!

Good luck to you!
+++

I have been getting that a bit lately too where suddenly feel very heavy and need to go to the loo like there and then! Also walk home from bus stop, only 10 mins or so but by the time i get to my house the bottom of my back hurts so much it makes me want to cry :cry: I am also only 5ft so know how uncomfortable it is!

Rosebay said:
Hi Cat!

Still here?! How's it going? I haven't had high blood pressure thankfully- actually it's been very low, and nothing else unusual has happened so far. It kind of feels like it's dipping down and then changing its mind. I guess it could be the walking that sets it all off though...? Maybe I should see how the not walking very far rule goes and then think about work...? Hmm. I think I'll go mad with the waiting if I'm at home!

Good luck to you!
+++

sorry pregnnacy brain, Im confusing you with Ragna!

Im still here, just getting more and more fraustrated, might jump up and down and see if buba falls out!

Hey Cat, you are still here. Have you got one of those exercise tramplines, try that. Apparently that Mel that wrote from here to maternity did that to bring on her labour and some red wine. If you haven't use the bed or the sofa!

I think she may have jumped slightly, none of the somersaults and star jumps etc. Lol

Good luck hun, xxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back