ECV vs planned C section

rusks

Reaction score
:wave: hi mummies

just wandering if anybody had a positive experience of an ECV External Cephalic Version to turn the baby from the breech position to head down?

we have been giving the option of trying it to avoid a c-section but we have been told we have a small baby and that the amniotic fluid is also reduced so it has higher risks and a lower success rate.

any advice greatly appreciated. thank you :hug:

sorry hun ive no experience of this or know anything about it so no help im afraid but i hope everything goes well whatever you decide to do xxxxxx

i dont know why but i decided not to try an ecv and had a c section. my baby was breech for as long as the midwife can tell which way up they are apart from 10 days at about 32 weeks but he turned back again. i just decided that he must be happy that way and my gut instinct was not to have the ecv. the doctor told me that some times your uterus is just shaped in a way that means the baby prefers to be breech if that makes sense! only you can make the decision, i would say if you need to ask the question on here your not that happy about the idea...i just think if you go for it and it goes wrong you might blame yourself, even though its not your fault! although saying this the same could be said for a csection! sorry ive just babbled on and i dont think ive been much help! even though their were complications during my csection and my first night was very difficult i would say it was a positive experience if this helps!....

Whatever you decide Lisa, you will make the right choice :D

Hope it goes well at the scan tomorrow :hug:

kelly'n'jack said:
even though their were complications during my csection and my first night was very difficult i would say it was a positive experience if this helps!....

thanks kelly that is nice to know. i have a planned section booked for monday, the decision was taken out of our hands as the fluid was so low and the Dr advised i have a section anyway due to the baby being small to cause less stress to him and me.

i am so scared of having a section so this is nice to hear you had a positive experience. :clap:

My SiL had a c-section after a long labour, and the c-section was such a quick and speedy relief! I'm sorry you dont have a choice, but they wouldn't be advising it unless it was best for you and baby - good luck :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back