Breech Baby @ 34 weeks. *update no longer Breech-Yeyyy!!!*

pie&twink

Reaction score
Hello, sorry girls it's a bit of a whinge!

Midwife has just been & has left me in a right state :(

Baby has only ever been head down once & she's checked me again today & she's still Breech. She has gone through the procedure if she stays Breech - ECV (turning baby by hand) then c-section if not succesful at around 38/39 weeks. Both of which I really don't want :cry: I've got to go & see my consultant on the 8th Oct & if she still feels Breech they'll do a scan to confirm it.

I just feel so p'ed off, I enjoyed labour so much :shock: (crazy I know) with my 1st & I was so looking forward to it again & to be told that it might not happen now has really upset me. OH doesn't understand & just said 'well, there is nothing we can do about it & if it means the baby will be born safely then thats all that matters!' But he's obviously never been through pregnancy or child birth & he can't see why i'm so upset.

Midwife has said that she 'might' turn but don't hold your breathe! She was so matter of fact & she could see I was upset but just said thousands of women go through it daily & they are all fine. I'm not worried about the pain etc etc, I just wanted the whole natural labour feeling again.

I'm just scouring the net for ways to make her turn!!

UPDATE:
Looks like bouncing on that ball every night for the past fews weeks has paid off....been today for consultants appointment & she's turned head down!!
:cheer: :dance: :cheer: :dance: :cheer: :dance: :cheer:

Had a scan as well to ensure she was head down so it was lovely seeing her at this late stage, she looked perfect!

So alls back on for a 'normal' delivery, i'm so chuffed - she just better stay down there now.

Try not to worry about it just yet - DD was thought to be breech and I was sent for a scan at 37 weeks to check - she'd turned the little blighter but kept us wondering for a while!

There's time yet for baby to move on it own!

Last edited:
apparently there is an accupuncture point that can turn a baby :D

Yeah, i've just found this on the net, it's your little toes!!

Also smoothering your little pinkies in Raw Ginger paste before retiring!?!?! Nice. Raw Ginger makes me feels so sick, someone told me to eat it raw to help with morning sickness & it made me sick even more! :puke: The smell just turns my stomach.

Aw Hun just remember Lo still has time and these things do happen especially as its your second.

Hope you get the nice ( :? :shock: ) birth you had last time and whilst Im hoping for you I will also put in a request for one of those for me too :lol:

aramintalovegrove said:
Aw Hun just remember Lo still has time and these things do happen especially as its your second.

Hope you get the nice ( :? :shock: ) birth you had last time and whilst Im hoping for you I will also put in a request for one of those for me too :lol:

Thank you :hug:

Aww get crawling around on all fours!! lol I hope she turns for you hun! :hug:

cor i didnt realise they worried about it this early on! i was breech last time and i have my next mw appt tomorrow and ill be 34weeks, guess wel have to see what they say then!

Austin was breech until 36 weeks then turned of his own accord just before my consultant appointment. I also know of at least 2 other babies who have not turned until just before they're born (my brother was breech until 40 weeks, then turned and wasn't born for another 3 weeks!).

Have a google for excercises you can do to help baby turn, I did them all but don't know if it actually made a difference or not!

I have a feeling that it's more common for second babies to wait longer to get into the 'optimum' labour position so there's still plenty of time.

Even if the 'worst' happens and you end up with a C-Section at least it'll be planned rather than an emergency so hopefully you can get used to the idea before it happens.

I hope baby turns for you hun :hug:

Hey hun at my 30 week ap i got told DD was breech and got sent for a scan at 32 weeks to confirm and yep she shure was... i was so upset and could not beleive it! they kept on forcing me into a c-section but i refused and told baby she had to move for mummy. then i went for the baby turning manually by the doc a couple of weeks later and it was terrible but over really quickly. i started to get sick and she didnt budge then tried to force me into another c. :shakehead: nope. i wanted a natural. and they wanted her out two weeks before she was done cooking! so i waited and waited and prayed she would turn and the day before i was due i was layed on the sofa and around she went head down! i was sooooo pleased but she still went over due and the turning caused her to get the cord around her neck so i was induced with a pessary and did the rest myself and she was abso fine! dont worry hun. they always try to force ladies into sections but that dosnt mean she wont turn for you like DD did dor me :wink:

Thanks everyone, been bouncing on Birthing ball & rolling round on all 4's & some movement is going on! Fingers crossed. :dance:

Don't start worrying yet :hug: There is loads of time for baby to turn. Also, midwives don't always get it right. I remember my (very competent) midwife saying that baby was side on at one of my appointments (31 weeks). I asked when she'd stay in place because she had been head down at a scan the week previously so the midwife felt again and said that yes, baby was head down just further than she'd expected.

Excellent now dont let the little monkey move :lol:

Oh thats great news!! :dance: Am thrilled you get back to being on the normal delivery track!!
xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back