Breech at 26 weeks

Xcitedmum

Reaction score
Hi all I think I am posting in search of some much needed reassurance. I had a scan 2 weeks ago with my consultant. He told me baby was breech but didn't seem too concerned. I have read up on it and it seems about 20% of babies are breech at this stage.

I have to go back next week for another scan. I am fairly confident my little one is still in the wrong position as most of the movement I am feeling is still very low down on my stomach.

At one point I was so afraid of natural labour that I adopted the opinion that a section wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. However after visiting a friend who had a section last week I am now terrified of the thought!

I am told there are things I can do to help baby turn - do any of you have any idea what these things are?!

no need to do anything yet a baby will normally turn before 36 weeks so you still have 10 weeks yet :)

thanks midnight - I was actually wondering when the 'cut off' time was before my consultant starts to drop hints about a section. Ok ten weeks and counting! xxx

i was breech at 20 weeks and she stayed breech which ended in planned c section, there was one night i cud have sworn she turned i had massive stretching pains and she felt different i was so happy but nope she was still breech lol!!

as for planned c section i loved mine, it was fine and recovery was relatively quick!!!

you can have ecv which is the doctor putting pressure on ur babys head and bum and manually turning baby with numerous scans thruout and if baby gets distressed at al they will immediately emergency section you. i didnt opt for this as when i researched there was a 7% chance of fatality which i personally felt too high but im sure there are loadsa women on here who can give more insight and successful stories for ECV! xxx

Just as reassurance, my baby was breach, but had my 36 week scan today & baby is head down now. Don't panic as they have plenty of time & room to move. They say crawling around on all fours or sitting on an exercise ball can help. I did neither! :lol:
They can always manipulate baby at a later date to try turning them too x

Sunnyb xxx

I had a private scan at 24 weeks and baby was breach ( head by ribs and feet by bits) I don't think he has moved yet! I'm 31 now so midwife will see if she can check at 34 or I think she might get a Scan x

Mine was breech at your stage i think but he did turn, dont worry! x

lol girls I am now sitting here staring at my belly just waiting....... hehehe

On another note - piglet tell me more about your section.. How long were you kept in hospital and is the recovery really as bad as it looks? I assume you needed lots of help once you got home and all but how long was it til you were able to dander around on your own with baby? I just have a gut feeling that my wee one won't turn so am trying to get into the 'zone' now!

Mine is still breech but was head down at 28 weeks and turned back again! Everyone thought she had moved the right way by feeling but a scan showed they were all wrong! So I'm having her on Thursday by planned c section. You've got tons of time yet though so fear not!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back