breech at 28 weeks

petchy

Reaction score
at the scan yesterday our little boy was breech. i know there's still plenty of time for baby to turn, and about 20% of babies are breech at 28 weeks, yet only 3-4% are breech at term.

for those of you who are nearing your due dates - were any of your babies breech at this stage, and when did they turn (if they did)? did you do any of the knee-chest positions, pelvic tilts etc? or is it way too early for me to start thinking about this now? i'll make a concious effort not to slouch on the sofa (but lay on my side instead) as some people say sitting in a reclining position can encourage baby to stay breech.

i know i'm probably being paranoid, but i really want my home birth, and would like to avoid a c-section, so i can't help but think about it!

at my last midwife apointment, Coby was breech, going to see my midwfe again today so i will find out if he has moved or not.

I was told that if you put a pack of frozen peas, or something, at teh top of your bump, the baby feels the cold and turns to get away from it. it doesnt cause any harm at all so that might be worth a try.

Hi hun - I'm nowhere near date or had babe yet but mine was head down for 3 weeks and I thought he would stay there, but the last few days he has been going round and round and round!! :roll:

Don't worry, I'm sure little one will move. I think they just get bored for a while and sit somewhere for a long rest. x

Hiya Ladies,

Very sorry to hear your worrys about the little breechies... but wanted to let you know that should you reach about 36wks and still be breech and offered the ECV (External Cephalic Version)... go for it, it feels a little uncomfortable during the few minutes it takes to do, and slighly tender for a day or 2 afterwards but it isn't as odd as it sounds and is definately worth doing.... my little bump friend is now head down like a little star, extra xmas pressies me thinks.

I was told about the peas thing too prior to the turning I tried it all day. It didn't really work but was very funny. I put the peas on babys head, after as long as I could take the frostbite removed the peas... (s)he'd moved a few inches but springed straight back leaving me peeing myself laughing. I was also told about crawling on all fours lightly kneeing yourself in the tummy to turn it round... that just felt and looked stupid. Sitting on a yoga ball is supposed to keep your back straight so might be worth a bash... and you'll have it to help ya rock thru the early contractions should you start labouring at home.

HIya Petchy

My little one was breech up until last week (36/37 week) so like you say hun, there is still plenty of time.

I have to admit that I was not going to have the ECV as my Midwife felt that due to my age five babies and the fact that this one was a Big baby it would be too stressful for us both. !! Fortunately I havnt had to have this option as he/she behaved and moved down !!

Ragna xxx

Sitting on a yoga ball is supposed to keep your back straight so might be worth a bash...
yeah i have one of these already! i use it to sit on in front of my pc instead of a chair, and also for when i do my pilates and for generally bouncing about on if i don't feel like sitting on the sofa!

Hiya, my little girl has been breech throughout my pregnancy, hence the reason my bump isn't as high as everyone elses. I am not too worried at this stage, as the consultant said it is more than likely she will turn, however, I do not fancy the thought of a C Section. It's the whole epidural thing that makes me nervous as it looks agony!

Here's hoping our ba ba's will turn, which I have faith they will! ;o)

My OH was 10lb 1oz when he was born so maybe a section aint a bad thing for me, I'd be torn in half with that! xx

cheers guys, i know i'm just being completely paranoid! :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back