breathless!!

hope

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Just wondering if any of u r already getting breathless. If so, how severe is it & how far along r u?
Well, Im 23 weeks & 2 days & have been feeling quite out of breath for a while now. Even simple tasks like walking a mild incline can leave me panting! Before becoming pregnant, I was a regular exerciser, doign spin cycling all the time. 1st trimester saw me loose 7 kgs with hyperemesis & so I had to stop my classes ( was in a hospital most of the time anyway!!)
Im eating fine now & have even come back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Walking regularly upto 1.5 hrs a day but EXTREMELY breathless. Is this normal??
Would love some feedback.
Thanks

I am not a s far along as you you, I'm only 18+3 and I have been feeling breathless for a few weeks now. I'm fine walking on a flat surface but as soon as i come to an incline or some steps my I feel like my energy has drained and I get out of breath, even walking up the stairs in my house does it! I used to be quite an active person, always out walkig my dog for hours but I can't manage it anymore.

thanks kwain. Thats a relief to know! By the way how do you guys post a ticker at the bottom of ur messages?

Hope

I thought it was just me too! I have to stop half way up the stairs to catch my breath and some days I feel like I'm climbing a mountain and have to stop twice. Last night the baby was on my bladder and I was up and down every 5 minutes. One time I nearly didnt make it to the loo and my bf had to push me up the stairs! we were really laughing but my belly went so tight it really hurt lol i am also finding now that a few mouthfulls of food makes me feel full up and I'm wondering just how much this all has to do with the baby growing and putting pressure on our lungs and stomache and bladder, surely its far too early isn't it?

(For a ticker go to the forum index and you'll see a thread on getting started, I think its about the 3rd one down. when in there you will see a thread on tickers which has links to free tickers. I did mine todays and it was really easy).

Lou

Thanks lou. I somehow thought that it was only in the 3rd trimester that the breathlessness affects us, but no. I get full up too with just a few spoonfulls of food! :roll: The joys of pregnancy eh????
What is so irritating is that when I am out huffing & puffing, wearing a jacket ( Its ALWAYS cold in Aberdeen) I look like an obese person who cant even walk small distances! I keep complaining to long-suffering hubby, who has suggested I wear a board saying Im pregnant!!! lol!!

Well bye now,
Hope

Love the board idea!! Can I put in an order too?!

I walk to work as we don't have a car and it's 45 mins- some of it up steep hills. I've been doing this walk for 4 years no probs but it's getting harder and harder as the steepest hill is right at the end! I really want to shout "I'm not that unfit I'm pregnant" as I gasp my way into work. Blah! I'm only 5ft and my midwife said at my very first appointment (11 weeks) "are you getting out of breath yet as you're very short?" so I imagine eventually I'm going to be crawling up or allowing another half an hour for hills!! Glad it's not just me!
+++

Am nearly 33 weeks and the last few weeks with the heat have been bad. My breathing is very laboured now and with asthma i do worry. I get pains in my chest at the end of the day when breathing is the worst. I know it's just because I am tense though as when I nearly drop off to sleep the tightness goes. Hope it does not get worse in the next 7 weeks !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back