Sensory baby monitors - are you buying one?

positivity :)

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

what is your opinion on sensory monitors? You know the ones that you can put under the mattress and it picks up movement such as baby breathing and beeps if there is no movement within a certain time limit?

a friend of mine had one and said it was always going off so she kept jumping up in the night thinking baby had stopped breathing!

i wasn't going to get one but OH is keen?? xx

Ive heard they can cause unnecessary worry. I never had one with Adam, we went for the video monitor instead, i could see him all the time then.
I think its everyones personal choice but im choosing to use the video monitor again this time x x

---
-

yeah that's what i'm worried about, being over cautious but then at the back of ur mind u think .........it could be a good thing though? xx

The concept is very good but i dont think id like the worry if it went off for no reason.
Does your friend think they are good apart from it going off a few times when it doesnt need to?
If you think it would put your mind at rest hunny then id say go for it x x

---
-

i think that now she has it she is keeping it but she says it drives her nuts. i think im going to decide against it. its hard all this baby stuff isn't it lol xx

I bought myself one for peace of mind but obviously havent used it yet so we will see

I have one too. My mum had one with my little bro and she said its fantastic! They seem quite awkward to set up, but i think they're not supposed to go off all the time once set up correctly

My little one is 10 days old and I brought a tommee tippie one yesterday for my own piece of mind, so far so good.

Im definitely getting one. DH's sister died of cot death - so im really worried about that. Think I'd put up with extra beeps. Although i dunno if i'd have bothered if there wasnt a family history.
xxx

we bought a tommee tippee one... havent used it yet tho ;)

maybe we should then, how much would i regret it if things went wrong! :(

xx

Nope. Just used a traditional baby monitor with No1 and plan on doing the same with this one too. Over here, they recommend that baby sleeps in the same room as parents for the first 6 months anyway ( makes b/feeding a lot easier at night too ). I'm happy having baby at an arms length from me overnight until those first 6 months are over and will move her into her room wince she hits 6 months or so. Don't think I could relax using something that went off in error - I'd be too worried that it wouldn't go off when it actually needed to.

Hun I know with the tommee tippee one (i think) you an turn the sound of the alarm off so that it just flashes a light instead.
I think the only thing I will have difficulty with, fronwhat I understand if how it works, is turning it off before you pick baby up.
3am, half asleep and bleery eyed I dont think my brain will kick in straight away to switch it iff lol

I have brought one as my friend said it helped her to relax when downstairs and stopped her running up to check on the baby every 2 minutes! I think you can adjust the sensitivity on them. I personally didn't want a video one cause I felt I would be staring at it and not relaxing. Its personal choice x

I didn't get one as I thought it would make me worry even more!! LOL. for the first few weeks, Lennon used to sleep in his moses basket i the lounge with us in the evenings and then we would take him to bed with us at 10pm and he would be in his basket right next to me anyway. We moved him from about 6 months into his own room and just used the normal Tomy monitors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back