Breastpads

lauramumof2

Reaction score
Whats everyone using for breastpads. I want to get breastpads but im confused by them saying extra absorbant. Surely if they are absorbing a lot of milk then its milk that the baby isnt getting?

Whats the deal there?

I only leaked milk when I let down, which was normally when Ella fed (or when my milk first came in during random moments!).

I found reusable cotton ones the nicest :)

Kina said:
I only leaked milk when I let down, which was normally when Ella fed (or when my milk first came in during random moments!).

I found reusable cotton ones the nicest :)
Thanks for your quick reply, where can I get some?

hiya
someone put a link to a clear rubbery type pad that sticks to the skin and doesn't let you leak...they looked great, maybe someone else will remember what they were called.

Think my cotton ones are from Boots - DH bought them after Ella was born for me as my nips were sore and the paper ones were sticking to them! :(

Beanie not jumping in front of you, here is someone that sells Lilypadz

http://www.lactivist.co.uk/otherbf.shtml#pads

Also has some cool pro-breastfeeding t-shirts, teas and stuff like that :)

Hi

Sorry for late reply, my cotton ones are from Avent and I got them in John Lewis. I also use disposables - I find Tomy tipee the best, they're very flat and discreet.

DON'T use ones with plastic backings, I'm sure they contributed to me getting breast thrush when Olivia was a couple of wks old.

I must admit I have my reservations about the Lilypadz, a girl at my local BF group was saying that she used them and got mastistis - she thinks because they stop any milk coming out it backs the milk up instead of it leaking a wee bit during let down etc.

Lucy

cheers lucy,
I will have a look in John Lewis, i will have to get up to Glasgow before baby comes as I can get nothing in Saltcoats, its really shocking. I cant even get a copy of pregnancy and birth :shock:

Hi Laura

If you do go into JL and fancy meeting up for a coffee just let me know.

They've got a fab range of baby stuff/equipment

Lucy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back