Breastfeeing maybe pregnant - advice needed!!

Gem212

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Havent posted in ages, since i was pregnant been sooooo busy with 2 little ones! i breast fed my son for the first 12 weeks then i started to introduce some formula milk, now he is only breast fed once and night and once in morning, i had signs of ovulation when he was around 8 weeks old (change in discharge tmi sorry!) then stupidly didnt use contraception a few times, a few weeks later had a small show and then started to feel sick so invested in a pregnancy test which came back very faintly positive so i did 3 more which came back negative over the next few weeks! i still have not had my period and my son is 17 weeks old but have had neg pregnancy tests, anyone else experienced this???

Any advice would be great as i dont want to go out drinking over festive season if im pregnant!! x

It is possible to get pregnant when breastfeeding esp if not exclusively bf'ing. I would go to the Dr for a blood test so you would know for definate

I was excatly the same with the feeding, fed excluisvley until 13 weeks and then cut down to finishing BF all together a few weeks ago. I did a few pregnancy tests whilst BF because I had the same symptoms as you and hadn't been careful either, all were neg. I had funny discharge, like egg whites and sometime it was a bit like loosing your plug :puke:

Two weeks after I stopped the BF all together my period returned :evil:

I read somewhere that in most cases ovulation doens't occur after your period returns :think:

Alex xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back