breastfeeding

missac

Reaction score
Just wanted to ask a question about breastfeeding and clothes!

Have those of us that are breastfeeding bought tops to do so, or are you just going to pull your tops up as and when needed? What about already breastfeeding mums? What did you wear? I am not sure what to do in that respect, I don't want to be wapping my boob out all over, but then if he needs fed he needs fed!! What will I do? Have I given myself the perfect excuse for a new wardrobe?

I've got some maternity tops which then double up as breastfeeding tops as they have a bit that 'pulls down', they are from Hennes and they're quite nice, got black, white and pink at mo. (my good ole mum sent them over for me).

I don't know what to do either M....The reason I stopped wearing most my tope was because my boobs were too big for them with pg so I am guessing they are going to be even bigger...don't want to stay in my maternity clothes either ...

maybe you'll of figured out the answer by the time Dylans arrives

thanks for the link mk!!
I might go and look at the hennes website too tuck!
Now Cloud, thst is cheating!!!!!

I think it is going to be new wardrobe!!! Watch out for fireworks, p is going to kill me!!!

Hi Hun, Ive breastfed all my babies and as you get more confident you'll find easier ways to disguise your feeding in public places. I always took muslin squares out with me and i learnt to drape it discretely if I was wearing a normal top. The bit of the top that is raised will be covered by the baby anyway and the muslin square helps the embarrassment of a rogue nipple if the baby decides to have a breather and pulls away unexpectedly. Practise at home first and in no time you'll be "wopping em out" everywhere and no will be none the wiser. :shock: Good Luck

i plan to breastfeed, but i dont think i can be bothered with nursing tops and i dont kno how big my boobs will grow anyway. im due in early june so i'll probably be wearing strappy tops in the warm weather, and i'll just take the strap off one shoulder or something

that sounds like a good idea! I can't wait for the summer!!

Hi

With Kiara i just lifted my top but it can be a pain at times. This time i think im going to invest in a few breastfeeding tops for when i go out
Katrina

Hun I bf my daughter and the only advice I can give is to buy ordinary balcony bras as I found nursing bra's didn't give any support and stretched over time :x And just buy some normal tops and cover both you and your baby with a shawl and pull the top up underneath. The babies head covers the nipple and the bunched top covers the top of your breast and the shawl covers your waist underneath.
Its easier than it sounds honest.

thanks tipsy, I will buy 3 (excuse for shopping!) but will probably not really bother after a while, I guess it will just take practice!

I just wear normal tops but also wear a cardi or sports jacket that way my waist is still covered when I pull my top up... (does that make any sense at all! lol)

I find that alot of my tops are quite low cut so i can get a boob out the top instead of having to pull it up :oops:
But yeah if the OH is giving the go ahead for shopping go for it! I wouldn't need asking twice either!! :lol:

I think I'm going to invest in a few, but not for a few weeks yet, still waiting for my boobs to grow......if they'll ever bother :shakehead:

Happy Shopping M :hug: :cheer:

My boobies haven't grown either!! I bought some maternity bras the other day but I fear that they will not fit coz seemingly your boobs grow after as well,, so I reckon mine will grow twice as much to compensate for lack of growth now!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back