Breastfeeding.... views to make you fume!!!

should not feel guilty atall, i never even tryed it and i dont feel guilty, my whole life has changed having a baby, i used to be a bloody toppless dancer for god sake lol
good body perky boobies now im coverd in stretch marcks fat saggy boobs, my fairy is no longer as ummm how do i put this :think: , neat as before lol
i feel like a complete baby machine and dont feel one bit sexy, so iv saved my boobies for me, :D

i like the freedom and knowing i can just have an of day were i cant be assed

Dionne - what's wrong with a Quinny anyway?

its the zapp so it dont lay back or any thing so i think the lady was getting at the fact my baby dont look comfy :talkhand:

Kim said:
Because there was no pressure and my hormones had settled doen, I really enjoyed it and regretted giving up. I exclusively breastfed for 3.5 weeks, then mixed with formula for about 2 weeks, then mixed formula with expressing and the occasional b/f for about 3 weeks. She has been fully on fomula since she was about 8 or 9 weeks old.

So that's my story, I didn't give up for medical reasons, so should I feel guilty??

Thanks for reading :)

No you shouldn't feel guilty hun, you did what you felt was the best thing to do. You should have recieved the support you needed. I didn't know anything and this forum, especially Emilia, Urchin and Rosieroo were a fantastic support and a great source of advice and I do feel that if it hadn't been for them and my local breastfeeding group I would have stopped booby feeding too. More supprt and advice is needed by moms in the first month as that it the toughest time, baby constantly feeding etc. All I ever kept getting told was "give them a bottle" not that what was happening was normal. There should be more breastfeeding councellours that will visit new mums and help them out but the government doesn't fund this.

Kim - I can't really add anymore that what Beanie has said. You were given no support, no advice. You shouldn't feel guilty.

I phoned my local NCT today to find out about their breastfeeding meets etc. They don't have them in my area due to lack of volunteers, and this is the NCT! They have nothing planned for National Breastfeeding Awareness week as they don't have enough volunteers. The woman I spoke to was passionate about breastfeeding and feels like banging her head against a brick wall because of the lack of support offered to new mums. They have 2 b/f counsellors, 1 is a trainee, 1 is on holiday. Both work for free. So I have nothing to go to for support. We're told not to wean our babies until they're 6 months by the World Health Organisation, there is no nutritional benefit in weaning before this. She said that when I next hear the HVs mentioning this then I should ask them to show me proof that babies nutritionally need this - yet there are no other mums I can meet with to discuss weaning at 6 months (or later) because there are no support groups. If I didn't have the net I'd believe my HV as I'd have no other point of reference, which is scary!
I wish there was better support for mums, it's crap!!!

Kim dont feel guilty at all hun i know exactly where you're coming from i have nearly stopped feeding Abi so many time but then got my milk supply back up at the moment i'm feeding at night before bed in the morning when she wakes and maybe once in the day but not very often the rest is formula, i would express and give her but i can no longer express haven't been able to for months but i know i still have enough milk as i can hear Abi drinking it, apparently this is normal so i'm not too worried :)

raaaah how shocking!! morons!

"I think this breastfeeding in public is disgraceful, and you'd think the mothers would feel uneasy exposing themselves like that to strangers. I also don't agree with doing it in restaurants or pubs. If mothers insist on giving their babies breast milk it should be bottled in the privacy of their own home and taken with them."

obviously clueless!!

kim - just had a chance to read your post properly. no you should feel guilty - you did really well!!

I miss breastfeeding too sometimes but i felt kinda trapped and frustrated at first. then i tried to restart and eva just prefered the bottle by then. I breastfed for the first 8days and then mixed the 2 until she was 6weeks old. so at least she had breast milk for the first few weeks.

don't feel guilty - you gave her a really good start in life.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back