HV. RANT

I'd quite like to know what qualifications they actually do have!

Mine has cankles hankles fankles stankles and nankles haha, she is the most unhealthy looking person one ever did see. And her advise stinks even though she says mum knows best.

But that is the truth - you know your daughter best Jade, its your choice :hug: :hug:

laracomps said:
I'd quite like to know what qualifications they actually do have!

Mine has cankles hankles fankles stankles and nankles haha, she is the most unhealthy looking person one ever did see. And her advise stinks even though she says mum knows best.

But that is the truth - you know your daughter best Jade, its your choice :hug: :hug:

One of mine told me that they all have a degree and then a post grad qualification to be a HV, and that lots of them were once midwives.

Tell her to bugger off jade and dont let her in next time - if you want to wait to wean her then do as you please - shes your daughter.

mrs_tommo22 said:
Tell her to bugger off jade and dont let her in next time - if you want to wait to wean her then do as you please - shes your daughter.

ditto.
:hug:

Hey Hon,

Sorry she is pushing you to do something you don't feel ready for yet. I don't think you have to see her again if you don't want to. Just call and cancel your next appointment. She can't tell you that you are being given dangerous advice if it is in line with DoH (unlike her).

Just don't let her in again or ask if you can see someone else.

B x x

mrs_tommo22 said:

ditto.
:hug:

Hey Hon,

Sorry she is pushing you to do something you don't feel ready for yet. I don't think you have to see her again if you don't want to. Just call and cancel your next appointment. She can't tell you that you are being given dangerous advice if it is in line with DoH (unlike her).

Just don't let her in again or ask if you can see someone else.

B x x

There's no point making an enemy of your health visitor, I'd smile and nod and do what you think is right for your baby.
To a certain extent I can understand her views on the forums, we've never met you or your baby so all we can really do is discuss our experiences, point you in the direction of research and offer support. Very few people on here have any more experience than anyone else. Your HV on the other hand has been trained and assisted hundreds of parents about the same issues we're facing.
I'm not excusing her of making you feel bad but educating yourself about a subject needs to include listening to what everyone has to say before making a decision about what's best for your baby. I haven't started weaning Sophie yet but I will next week because she is very interested in food but William was weaned at 4 months because that was what everyone was doing then and it didn't do him any harm.
As long as you follow a few basic rules (no salt, cows milk, nuts etc) there isn't much harm you can do either way imho, don't go giving yourself a hard time over this decision, there's much more to worry about as they get older.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back