• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Breastfeeding Thoughts?!

starstruck2011

Reaction score
Hi all

ANy thoughts on whether you are going to breastfeed or not? I know its early for me, but my OH really wants me to as he says its best for baby.

Im dreading it because Im scared of the pain on my boobs!
I don't even like them being sucked in general (lol!) nevermind being sucked all day everyday and pumping milk out of them myself! Is it not excruciating pain?

hey! ive thought about this as well! i know it will be painful but im deffo going to give it a go! we know its supposed to be the healthiest thing for the baby. its good for you too. and lets face it, its cheap!! may as well make use of free milk while its available! im sure its gunna hurt like hell, but whats a bit of pain for your baby's health? i reckon you should give it a go and if it really is unbearable then go for a different option. :) xx

Make a pregnancy ticker

Hi there, I'm up and awake breastfeeding my wee one and just wanted to assure you it's not painful. Usually its only painful if the baby is not latched on properly. It's hard work at first, especially the first few weeks but stick at it and it does get easier. Make sure you get as much support as possible. My health visitor is great and I also go to a local breastfeeding support group. Good luck x

I'm going to. Well I will give it my best shot anyway! It sounds amazing and I'm sure it is the perfect way to bond with your baby xxxx

I'm definitely going to try and breast feed for as long as possible, but if it doesn't work Out, I'm not going to feel guilty and beat myself up over it. As long as baby is getting fed that's the main thing.

No harm in trying once baby is born, if no luck or you don;t like it bottles are there. Because once you start using bottles its hard to go back. It did hurt alittle for me but I ended up gettting thrush on my nips and my more son had it bad in his mouth. In end he was bottle fed. I felt a failure but I am going to try again this time. Must admit if I can breast feed this time I will be pleased I won't have to wash and clean a million bottles teats and caps lol x

Ladies i was one of those who screwed my face up at the thought of breast feeding, my mum never did it and I never thought I would. But as my pregnancy went on I thought about it more and more and decided I'd at least give it a try, it's free, convenient and so much better for your baby.
After I gave birth I fed straight away, although not much as there is a knack to it, but I tried :)
Then while in hospital the midwife kept reassuring me as at first I really struggled to get him to latch on, but I kept on with it and we eventually did it. And it made me so proud, the feeling you get of such a bond, plus your the only one who can do it so it kind of makes u feel really important :) and when people would ask if I breast feed, they'd always say how amazing I was for doing it, which was really nice to hear.
Yes your boobs are sore at first but once the baby is latched on it doesn't hurt at all, just a tingle and a drawing feeling. If you give birth and don't breast feed then they get really sore until they stop producing milk. But if you're breast feeding then u use it up and they don't get sore.

I breastfed for 4 months and then used formula and bottles. It wasn't a hard switch, my son took to it fine. I'd never look down on anyone who can't breastfeed but I would think if theres nothing stopping you then its worth a try :) it helps your baby in so many ways that formula can't. And those 4am feeds are a doddle, u don't even have to get out of bed.
I'm not trying to push my thoughts onto anyone, just trying to reassure you it's not half as bad as some people (usually those who have never tried it) make out.
Plus ur boobs stay big while u feed :) everyone's a winner xxx

I am definately doing it no if's or but's and I always knew I would and its for purely selfish reasons lol!!!

My boobs are huge and I am hoping they will shrink with breastfeeding, apparently if I am anything like my mother then they will YAY!! let's hope I am like my mother :)

But on another note and not selfish I want my baby to have a great start and be as healthy as possible, I will move heaven and earth to protect it as much as possible :)

Definatley will be. I bf my first for 18months was hell the first month so tiring and it does hurt while your both learning how to do it right then it got better and not at all painful. A big plus for me was no periods from finding out i was pregnant till after i stopped feeding daughter. I was only feeding at night after about a year i think. So meant no pmt as well. I was so placid and calm i love bf hormones. If anything i should have been angry about a few things but i was in such a happy bubble.

Only managed 8 months with my son he got teeth and thought it was funny to bite. He has adhd (wand was tiring in general as he had to be entertained constantly. As soon as i stopped his dad offered to have him for a week my god that week was strange without him but recharged my batteries no end and i had a chance to spoil my daughter and give her some quality time.

I breastfed my first 2 children and will do so with baby when she arrives. x

Hi I will give it a go. I didn't my first an do regret it. I will bf this one until I go back to work. I don't want to be expressing in the office! ;-) x

I have to say I don't love the idea of it - i don't really like my nipples being touched!! But I will definitely try it as I think it's so natural. I'm sure when I get used to it it'll feel less weird!

I will Definitely be giving it a go! I have quite big ones (34FF) so have always said I haven't carried them around this long for them never to get used!! :) also seeing people who BF it just looks so natural and lovely, I want to bond with my baby like that! :)

I definitely plan to breastfeed if I can. Then after a couple of months I will express so that my OH can help with feeds :) xxx

Hi hun

I'm still BFing my 10 month old and BFing was the best choice I made.

When I found out i was preggo 1st time I didn't want to breastfeed , but everyone said I should, so thought I would give it a go! OMG it was very hard work, it takes alot of commitment and energy because for something so natural it doens't come natural to alot of women and babies!

I was lucky and my nipples didn't really ever hurt, they hurt more now he has teeth and bites me sometimes lol But there is alot out there to help sore, cracked nipples and it all works too!

But I'm so glad i chose to do it, and didn't give up. It was the best choice I made!

xxxx

wow thanks for your comments guys - guess its not as daunting as it seems.
I think that its most probably a whole different story once your baby is actually born and you feel differently.
Will most deffo give it a go then!

hi i didnt do it with my first child didnt like the idea of it but think it was because i was so young then 10 yrs ago!! but with my 2nd who nearly 4 i decided to try it and did well although only managed for a month, but that month was amazing for bonding with baby etc and it didnt hurt!! so will be trying again with this one :) i do kinda feel guilty now though for not trying with my first but we cant change our past can we lol xx

im really not sure as i plan to go back to work after 3 months or so and not being with the father im guessing hes going to want to do his part but again still a while to go and advice to be heard x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back