Breastfeeding Support Thread

Skatty what a brilliant idea I'd definately be up for that! Let us know when your next in town. Tina if you ever want to meet up before then let me know - I agree thought that maybe we should wait till it warms up a bit, I'm freezing at the mo!!!!
:dance:

Sounds like a great idea to me.

Yes I agree to wait until the weather is warmer. Daggers we could always meet up sooner :D

My little lady had her 2nd lot of injections today and it was horrible; she really did scream :cry: She has not been a happy bunny today but is sleeping soundly and went down without a peep.
The next lot she has 3!!!!! I hate it.

I am off to express now and then off to bed. Night Night :sleep:

oh dear Tina it is horrible isn't it, I nearly broke ot in tears myself when Otis had his first lot, he was sleeping so soundly when he rudely awakend! He was supposed to have his next lot of injections this week but fortunately the nurse was all booked up, so he's gonna have to wait till next week - thanks god, I'd hate for him to be all grumpy over crimbo!
Tina sure let's wait till the New Year and see what works best for us both -we'll post some pics for you Skatty :wink: !

Sorry another quickie! i am going to be over in Feb so if we can think of somewhere to go I can meet then too! def take pics when you meet up, I'm all excited now :lol:

I will definitely try and catch up properly later :hug:

Cool, didn't realsie that you'd be over so soon Skatty, yes definately nearer the time let us arrange for a time and place. I guess central London would be the bet? Not sure what is most convenient and known to all, any suggestions? Maybe we could do lunch somewhere i.e Pizza Express or something like that????
Oh yes Otis had his 2nd lot of jabs today (he was booked in to have them next week but they had a cencellation today so they called me to see if would want to bring him in), poor thing, besides having teething pains he was then stab twice with a nice big fat needle, I felt so sorry for him he was upset for the rest of the afternoon. Unfortunately we're in London tomorrow for the day - seeing grandpapa and some friends before crimbo, not sure if Oats is going to be up for it! Also will be meeting his cousin and auntie (my sister) for the first time tomorrow - they live in Dubia, not permantely, so it's going to be a looong day!
Hope all is well with Leorah and Gabriella (and their respective mommies :wink: ). If I don't catch you before hand hope you all have an awesome Christmas and a brilliant New Year!!!! :hug:

Yes lets definitely arrange something nearer the time, I've booked our flights and we'll be over from the 17th until 24th Feb. i think Fran may want to come too, she said she'd be up for meeting sometime and lives in North London.

Poor Otis, I'm dreading Leorah's injections, they don't have there first lot until 3 months here so she has them in the NY. She is also cranky today. I ate some crisps yesterday and now I have read on the packet they may contain milk spores :shock: I've been eating loads of crisps but this was a different kind and I never expected it! She woke up crying at 4am and can't nap now because she keeps getting stomach pain.

Your sister is going to be so excited to see Otis! My brother gets here tomorrow, luckily he's flying from Manchester but my Mum is flying from Heathrow so we are all worried her flight might get cancelled :(

Anyway I hope you all have a lovely Xmas, the first with our lovely babies :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hey Ladies, I take it everyone is out crimbo shopping it's been so quite in here?!
Skatty sounds good definately count me in!
How are things with Leorah now, is she okay after mommies crisp binge!!!! NAUGHTY MOMMY!!! :rotfl: I do feel sorry for you Skatty as I just grab what ever food I can lay my hands on - which usually happens to be junk food (chocolate biscuits or something like that!!), this has to change - New year New resolutions (yeah right!).

Hello and merry Xmas!!! Leorah is much better thanks Daggers. I am also being quite naughty now as my Mum bought me 6 bars of Green and Blacks chocolate over (the kind I'm allowed to eat) Not quite the same as celebrations and selection boxes but good all the same :)

Hope you all have a lovely Xmas, I'm just logged on while I do my morning pump session. I want Leorah to be bottle fed all evening so I can have some champers!

Catch you all soon :hug:

Hello All

How are you? Hope you are all enjoying the festive season.

I didn't have a great Christmas; Gabriella was unwell with a cold and her eczema has flared up again and was weeping and waking her up at night.
She was scratching herself like mad; I have the suits with mitts on and she still managed to get her fingers out......... I then tried socks on her hands and this seemed to work. Poor little lamb; she was so uncomfortable. DH was working Christmas Day & Boxing Day as well :( and I was just shattered from being up with little one.

I took her to be weighed on Wednesday and she only gained 5oz in 2 weeks; so she has gone down on the chart but a gain is a gain.
I was also given some different cream for her skin (Epiderm, it's very oily) and it seems to be doing the trick.
I asked if it could be anything I am eating and the HV said it's highly unlikely' so I will see how I go with the cream and take it from there (I might be joining you with the elimination diet Skatty....... how is that going???) So far the cream seems to be doing the trick and we had such a good day today; she was so happy.

I'm still feeding her myself exclusively; I have found that her bedtime seems to have moved later (9.30-10pm now) and she seems to wake up 20 minutes or so after putting her down and always seems to want more food; it's a bit frustrating. I am going to try and give her a bottle of EBM at night now; at least I will know how much she is getting.

Anyway' enough of me rambling. Have a great New Year everyone and Skatty and Daggers we will have to get a date together. Central London seems like a good location. Take care all :hug:

Hello all and I hope you all had a great Xmas :)

Tina it is VERY likely that a food allergy is causing the eczema. I have done a lot of research on allergies recently and eczema is a common sympton. I am sure that Leorah had it but before seeing the doc it cleared up on the elimination diet. I can now luckily eat much more than I originally did but have to be very careful to avoid dairy and soy, I also cannot eat peppers and mushrooms as they make her sick, I think they give her indigestion.

Sorrry I have to go as my Mum has just arrived and she's leaving for London today but let me know if you need any info on elimination, dairy is ususally the biggest culprit so it may be worth cutting that first :D

Poor Gabriella, hope it clears soon :hug:

Tina, I got a lot of info from these two sites. They both have a lot of american members and they have so much info on food allergies and have helped me so much. I have also added the elimination site.

http://www.babywhisperer.com/smf/index.php?board=62.0

http://forums.llli.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/4/T041200.asp

I do hope the cream works but if there is a chance you can work out what is causing the eczema then even better. If babies keep getting exposed to the thing they are sensitive to early on they can turn into serious allergies when they are older but if they can be avoided while so young there is a great chance they'll grow out of it. I also asked my HV if Leorah's poo problems, /rash/eczema could be anything to do with what I'm eating and she said it was highly unlikely and then I went on the elimination diet and it all cleared up within 2 days! I read on another thread that one of Budge's girls had eczema and she finally worked out it was caused by pork. I'm sure you've been eating a wide variety of things over xmas so it might be hard to pinpoint what it is so maybe you should start a food diary.

Poor Gabriella, it must be awful and I feel so bad for you as I know how distressing it is to see your baby suffer and feel helpless that you can't do anything :(

Thank you so much for those sites Katt. I will get onto them.

I must say I was a bit sceptical when the HV said it was highly unlikely and I am going to start by cutting out dairy (the most obvious one) and see how that goes. I already have my chocolate soya drink :D

She has been so happy these past few days but her skin is still not right.

Hope all is well with you & Leorah.

Talk soon :hug:

Tina so sorry to hear you and Gabriella didn't have a very good Christmas, however fortunately you've got some cream to help Gabriella feel a bit better - nothing worse that having your LO feel bad and you're not able to do anything about it! With regards to the waking Otis has started waking through the night again for quite awhile now, he wakes twice in a night (around midnight ) and then again around 4/5am and finally and 7/8! It's so tiring!!! And we thought at one point that we'd reach the turning point as he started to sleep through the night - but that was short lived! Wondering if maybe a combo of teething and growth spurt could have something to do with it??! :?
Well ladies hope you have a good New Years, we'll be at home - for the first time joined by a couple of friends, so nothing wild - fear those sort of days maybe behide me now that I'm all grown up!!!
All the best for 2007 and look forward to meeting up with y'all in Feb! :hug:

Hi Daggers, did you have a god Xmas? Mine was great but all the visitors and excitement have completely put out Leorah's routine and she didn't get to bed until 1am last night!!

I was going to ask you how much you feed Otis in the evening. Leorah seems to eat non stop and now has 8oz from Martin at night where she used to have 4oz!!! She does sleep from 11pm until 7/8am though (not last night!!) so maybe you could try tanking Otis up, if you dont already??

I have an even quieter new year coming up! Martin is working and I plan to be asleep by midnight as I will have had Leorah all day by myself and all day tomorrow by myself. I've never been one to go all out on NY anyway as it is always expensive, crowded and hard to get home!!

I have booked my ticket home, I'll be there from the 17th Feb until 24th Feb and I look forward to meeting both you and Tina and your lovely little munchkins :)

Happy New Year to all :hug:

Skatty, wow 8oz :shock:!! No I think the most Oats has ever had is probably around 6oz. At the mo he has a 4oz bottle before he goes to bed around 6:30 / 7, even though recently he has been finishing his bottles so I'm going to fill them up to 5oz mi thinks. Last night he woke up at 10:45 for a top up and then went straight back to sleep and then again at around 02:20ish (mi thinks, was on auto pilot!), had a fed and and went straight back to sleep then got up around 06:30ish (still on autopilot), when I got him and put him in our bed, finally got up around 09:20 - we run a lazy household!!!
Was contemplating on starting to ween him, but really I don't want to start until around 5months at the earliest. He still BF's around ever 2hrs - not that that bothers me.
Otherwise Chirstmas was good, had a bit of a full house but that did bother me, Otis and I just did our own thing. Poor Leorah must have been exhausted staying up till 1am - until of course she is a bit of a party animal :shock: !
I know what you mean about New Years, usually we go to a friend in Highgate who would throw a house party, we're still invited this year eventhough it will be a smaller gathering, but really can't stand the thought of driving into London and what's the point Oats will be sleeping -or tiring to! Besides I would rather be in my own home with my family - and probably in bed!!! :wink:

Hi all,

Its been a while since I was on here but I just wanted to say that I reached my 1 year goal. I really didn't think I would make it, had a nightmare of a time for the first 4 months but am so glad I perservered as I love boobyfeeding. I thought I would end at 1 year but I just think there is no way I want to stop now. Seren feeds mainly in morning and at night but will have a feed during the day if she is hungry. Plus she will feed if she is upset. She also knows the word booby, though isn't saying it yet. If she hears it she will point to my chest - though she also has a habit of trying to pull my top down in public :oops:

It feels really weird thinking back to a year today but I just wanted to pat myself on the back and say to you all keep doing what you are doing. It can be tough but it is also rewarding, I love my booby cuddles and my next goal is 18 months!!!

Congrats Beanie, that's fantastic :cheer:

I am also hoping to feed until a year as Leorah is milk, soya protein intolerant. I'm so worried she'll decide she doesn't want the boob anymore which is what happened with my SIL. I am also leaving weaning until 6 months and then going to go the baby led weaning route, in fact I think it was you Beanie that mentioned the site and it sounds perfect for us so thanks :hug:

Daggers I think I mislead you! Leorah has 8oz over 2-3 hours but she did used to only have 3-4 oz over this time. Since she has been taking regular naps in the day she feeds less and tends to like to eat a lot at night, uh oh perhaps I have a nighttime binger :lol:

Did your sling come yet and how are you getting on with it? Leorah has decided she definitely prefers the sling as her mode of transport being a curious one but as I mentioned before mine isn't a great fit though it is better over my coat. I am writing this now with her in the sling.

BTW it was Leorah that decided to stay up until 1am! I was ready for my bed at 10pm :rotfl:

Once again a happy new year to all :hug:

Happy new year too you all. Hope all is well and every one had a good night and lots of sleep! I only had a few drinks but my expressed milk smells of barcardi! (as it goes down the sink!)

Well done beanie and seren.

Oliver is eating loads of soilds and still likes his booby milk. I had a comment from my dad over christmas about i still be feeding him when he is at school! But he did not word it as politely as that! (how rude)

Oliver is now pulling himself up with the sofa and got up one step yesturday! I think he will be walking very soon!

jadie

Well done to you too Jadie, I think its great that you are still BF. I am also dreading comments like that but at the end of the day its noone elses business is it?

That's so funny that your milk smells of bacardi but don't you just hate pumping and dumping? I even hate it when Leorah sicks loads of milk up and tell her I made that for you and now you are throwing it up and she always seems to think its really funny :lol:

Sounds like Oliver is really growing up, he'll be running around before you know it and really keping you busy. Have you taken any pics recently?

Have a nice evening everyone, I am waiting for Eastenders. My DH is home tonight so its our new year so I'm having a lovely glass of champagne (or maybe 2!) I just hope Leorah decides to sleep tonight as we were up until 3am and then awake at 6am this morning. Hoping its a growth spurt as she has a huge appetite at the mo' and is 3 months on Friday.

See you :hug:

Happy New Year to y'all! Jadie, isn't it such a waste, can't imagine what that must have smelt like....hmmmm :shock: . Unfortunately I woke up on New Years day a bit of a grouch, went to bed late - around 02:30am and that's late for me nower days! had to get up a couple of times to feed Otis, eventually got out of bed around 09:30ish as Otis wasn't having any more of it and wanted to get out and about, by that time I felt shattered! Think that effected my expressing as well as I've had to take another of my frozen 4oz packs out the freezer for tonights dinner! Feeling better today though.
Skatty yes I did misunderstand you I thought Leroah was drinking 8oz in one go :shock: , :shock: Oats is taking about the same then but over a longer period. How was your New Years then - your delayed New Years that is? Finaly 'got rid' of the last of our guests this monring, OH drop him off at Luton this morning at 6am!!!
Was thinking re our meeting if it's nice weather (ha!) maybe we could met up in Regents Park - or even go to the zoo?? Just a thought. :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back