AF while breastfeeding?

*saulino*

Reaction score
Hi

Im wondering if its possible to get your AF while breastfeeding i forgot to ask at my 8 week appointment today.
At ny prenantal class she told us you dont get it till you stop breastfeeding but im having really bad cramps that feel like im gonna have my AF or start it very soon :? please help .
Thanks Katrina

Apparently some poeple do get a period whilst breast feeding. I thought I had had mine at 6 weeks but I think it was just a continuation of the lochia as I have had nothing since. Sorry I can't be more specific x

Hi

Thanks beanie, i think its really coming cuz im in a lot of pain and i forgot how much it hurts, i get them reall bad, oh the joys of being a women.
Hmm and i htought ide get away with not getting it longer, fingers crossed lol.
Katrina

You never know, I had some period like pains and nothing happened. I hatre periods too, you'd think after labour we would be used to having pains lol x

It's normal for bf mums to get the af symptoms without actually having bleeding. I've had it twice since the lochia finished and have been suffering the past few days (have also been a right mardy cow so must be pmt!)

Hi all

Well still no Af yay well must not get too excited yet.. i never knew you couold get pains and such with no actual Af thats odd.
Maybe thats why im so tired and miserable lol hmmmm.
i was just saying the other day when i was moody that i cant use my ASf as an excuse lol.
Well hopefully we will see what happens the next few days
rosieroo, imagine if we were in the same room two moody girls at once :shock:
Katrina xxxx

rosieroo, imagine if we were in the same room two moody girls at once

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol:

From Kelly Mom http://www.kellymom.com/bf/normal/fertility.html

It is not uncommon for breastfeeding mothers to report cyclical cramping or PMS-type symptoms - symptoms of an oncoming period without the period - for weeks or even months before their period returns. When this happens, the body is probably "gearing up" for the return of menstruation, but breastfeeding is still delaying the return of fertility.

HTH :D

Hi

Well my thoughts exactly lol,
But i dunno if im having that or not now my dad got me paranoid about saying i might be preg cuz im nausious so i took a test and it was positive
but it was very light line and im gonna try again with my first pee in the morning but it was like that with Kiara too.
Let you know how it goes in the morning.
Katrina

:shock: wow Saulino, congrats hun. let us know how it goes xxx :D

hi

ill let you know its 135 am here and kiaras still awake so i havent been to bed yet ill be back on hopefully afternoon your time.... if i get some sleep lol.
Katrina

ok hun, look forward to hearing your news xxxx

a line is a line as everyone on here keeps saying!!!! lol

Congrats!! :D

Hiya Katrina

Congratulations!

It may be worth me mentioning mind, that after a miscarriage, I was still getting faint positive pregnancy tests up to 6 weeks after I lost the baby. I wonder if you may still have some HCG still present from your pregnancy? Apparently you can still have HCG present up to 8 wks after giving birth.

Hi Girls

Well i tested yesterday morning and it was negative so it must have been a false test.
Just htought ide let you know the news.
Katrinaxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back