Breastfeeding mums, illness?

TORino

Reaction score
I feel like death.

Worse than death anyway. I have the shakes, aching bones, a raging fever, sore throat, headache etc. I clearly have a virus of some sort.

Anyone else who has been ill while bf, does the baby catch it? Ie given I'm clearly not immune to whatever it is I have caught I had assumed baby would catch it too as I have no antibodies or not enough to pass through the breastmilk.

I can't bear a bad night at the minute. I need a good sleep for a few nights to shift this. T was off a few days ago but seems ok now. Is there a chance she would have had it already? Or do they usually get it afterwards?

I usually always get all my colds given to me by Sophie! She gets poorly and then passes it on to me a couple of days later when she's better again lol

Hi I wonder if you have mastitis ? I got all those symptoms days before I got the breast symptoms ... I'm currently on antibiotics and feeling slightly less like death but only slightly ! X

Hmmm, never thought of mastitis. I don't have boob issues though.
Oh has been ill too so I just assumed it was part of that.

I am laid here with a wet flannel on my head sipping ice water waiting for when I can take some more drugs!
:(

Oh chock that sounds awful x

Have to admit I've woken up feeling a bit pants today. But I think I've caught this off Harry as he's had a cold thus week

But I also had a cold early days that I passed onto H - fortunately he didn't seen to suffer as bad- just runny nose and snotty mainly x

Hope you feel better soon

i think the thing of it is as you fight it you make antibodies and as your bf you pass these on straight away so theoretically baby shouldnt get it bad if they do get it at all

She seems fine anyway? Hope you are right bev and she doesn't get it at all. It wouldn't be very pleasant for her.

I haven't been ill like this with the shakes and burning up for a long long long time

I am feeling better now thanks hun.

It was very very horrid :(

It sounds it!! I dread getting properly ill like that as I can't imagine how hard it is to look after baby when you're that sick!xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back