Got the flu :(

Urchin

Reaction score
I have a terrible headache, sore throat and I ache all over :( :( :(

As if I can only take paracetamol?!?! it's not touching it.
Any breasfeeders got any advice?

I really hope Brody doesn't get it. Who had the flu last time and asked if their baby would catch it...did they get it?

the thing with flu is that you usually get over it quicker if you dont take anything for it. if you take something it will lower your temperature which your body raised to fight the virus. if you leave it be then your body fights it and you get better faster. (watched a Dr Robert Winston prog all about it years ago)

when i had flu over the millenium (total bummer or what?) i hated taking tablets and even though i tried i just kept chucking them up. but i was over the worst of it in three days so i guess its true!

sorry not much help but just thought i'd point out a plus side that you cant take anything! :(

feel better soon

xxx

Im not a bf and can't offer any advice, but I hope you feel better soon. There is nothing worse than feeling ill and having to look after a baby/kids. :roll:

I always take night nurse when I have the flu, it knocks me out at night, but not sure how that stands with BF. Go to pharmacist or Boots they mite recommend something? :think:

(((HUGS)))

It sucks big time not being able to take anything. I haven't had the flu but it was bad enough with a really bad cold. Hope you are feeling better soon. The only tip I have is that DH looks after you and brings you plenty of fluids and chocolate xxx

Oscar And I had the flu at the same time. 9 days of feeling just terrible. The hardest for me was when I felt so ill and had a temp., still having to bf.... just wanted to push Oscar away and retreat to recover. Shame - Oscar struggled with it, but we're back to good health and stronger immunity..... i hope!! :pray:

Sending you our get well wishes :D
Emilia xx

the only things I can think of are a hot cup of tea, no milk with some honey and ginger. What about that forehead thats on the tv?

I was really surprised that when you dont take anything it does clear up a bit quicker. Not much help to you at the moment.

Hope you feel better soon.

Laura.

hope your better soon urchin hun xxxxxxx

Hiya, it turns out I've got tonsillitus :(
I went to bed last night at 7pm, woke up at 2 and couldn't get back to sleep my throat was hurting so bad.
Luckily I got an emergency appointment at the doctors and have been given antibiotics and a throat spray that's OK while BFing.
My throat is absolutley killing me though, I felt so bad for Mason this morning, the whole time I got him ready for school and dropped him of I must have said about 10 words to him cos it hurts so much to talk.

awww bless you hun hope it clears up soon xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back