Breastfeeding and Biting

JJ Mum

Reaction score
Anyone got any tips on how to handle biting when breastfeeding?

Devon has got 6 teath now, 4 on the top and 2 on the bottom.

He bites me sometimes when latching on, and most times when he is getting fuller towards the end of a feed. I try to work out when he starts getting more full up to try to pre-empt any playing up , and take him off before he finishes, but doesn't allways work.

He has left bite marks that last upto the next feed!
As soon as he does it , I say ouch and take him straight off, so he knows feed is finished as a result, but he doesn't seem to learn, sometimes he even laughs as my face reaction!

I don't want to stop feeding before 12 months , just cause he has lots of teath

any advice?

Isla also has six teeth, she used to bite quite a lot but doesn't at all now. She used to laugh at me as well! I do only give her morning and evening boob, an a bottle in the day so I think she's not awake enough to want to bite. I used to pull her off and say no, then sit her up away from me, so she didn't get what she wanted. I'd leave it a few minutes and try again. Made me cry a few weeks ago :(

Oscar only has 2 teeth and he bites and it freakin kills lol

I try to read when he's going to bite, but like you it doesn't always work. Sometimes he bites when he's not wanting fed and other times he seems to bite for the hell of it, when he does that he gets this naughty look in his eyes so I know then he's going to bite lol

Absolutely no advice, but after doing it continuously for a couple of weeks he hasn't done it for a while now. I'm still wary but starting to relax again now.

I'm so dreading them top teeth tho lol

xxxxxxx

You're doing the right thing by taking him off, C has gradually gotten the message that if he bites, there's no milk. He does still give me a cheeky nip at the end of the feed, and it is him just being cheeky, he's got a real glint in his eye when he does it the monkey! I can only say keep persevering - he will get it in the end!

Thanks ladies, sounds like I'm doing the same as you lot, it does sound a case of working with it then, was hoping that there may be more I can do to stop him. Fingers crossed he gets bored of it.

I wonder if anyone has ever lost a nipple?? erghhh

I don't know but I've had to check it's still there a few times lol!

Yeah I've been afraid to look down a couple of times lol My OH got bit on the thumb recently and he said he can't believe I'm still feeding him with his 20 tonne pirahna bite lol

Luckily I haven't been biten for a while!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back