Breast pump

mermaid

Reaction score
Just bought the Tommee Tippee manual pump from Tesco half price at £12. I'm well pleased, comes with a bottle, micro steriliser box and breast pads. Hope it's ok, it's so hard to decide when there are so many out there. A great bargain though! :D

I got that one too along with the electric steam steriliser BARGAIN :D

Wow thats a brilliant price, well done hun

What a bargain! :shock: Will have to look out for that, I am hoping to get tommie tippie as theyve been reccomended for breast feeders because of the nipple shapped teat, as I want to breast feed and pump off later after about 6 weeks so me and OH can share feeds.

Tasha I want to do the same and have read in the Baby Whisperer that if you want your baby to take breast and bottle introduce a bottle before 3 weeks as baby is more adaptable. I don't know anyone that has done this though :?

skatty said:
Tasha I want to do the same and have read in the Baby Whisperer that if you want your baby to take breast and bottle introduce a bottle before 3 weeks as baby is more adaptable. I don't know anyone that has done this though :?
Jaycee was on breast and bottle at 3 weeks and she was fine doing both.. i expressed as well as bf so OH could feed her too.

Yes id like to express so OH can take over some feeds, think its a nice way for them to bond

I get a lot of conflicting advice about this, I hear 6 weeks, then 3 then when you like, So im just gonna go by how happy i am and how happy she is I think

Yeah thats the best thing honey..every single baby is different, they might not take to breast at all, or be happy with bf and the eventual change to bottle.
Id just suggest doing both so OH has the bonding time too. Theres not really a specific time but its good to start bottle early so they are used to different textures etc feeding them, as they have to go from bottle to cup at some point too!
Jaycee was a brilliant feeder luckily enough! She took it wherever she could get it!
Was hard from bottle to cup as its hard plastic, a different texture..so she just used to chew it lol!
U'll know whats best when the time comes! :hug:

Thanks for that, I totaly agree my mum did the same just used her instincts on what was best at the time and it never did us any harm or my younger brothers and sister.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back