Breast pump recommendations

Heres Hoping

Reaction score
Hi all

Im currently working my way through my shopping list & have recently looked at breast pumps, but im finding it hard to pick one.

This is my first baby & planning to breast feed all being well! Ive already got the tommee tippee steriliser which had bottles included. The obvious choice would be the tommee tippee breast pump as it would fit these bottles but ive read alot of bad reviews on it which has put me off :-( So what have yous purchased or would recommend?

Also im unsure of whether to go for manual or electric, would i be better getting manual incase bf doesnt work out for what ever reason?

Tnx in advance x

I would hold off buying one until you've had baby and you know what your needs are.

I express full time so have a heavy duty pump, others are happy with a manual pump for now and again

I have the tomme tippee manual and electric pumps, I'm exclusively breastfeeding but bought the tt sterilising kit with the bottles just in case. Didn't think they were too bad, not used them for weeks and weeks though xxx

tapatalking x

I had the mendela swing and it was fantastic. I did also have the tommy tippee manual one but it was to much work for the tiny amount i used to get out with it.

I got a MAM manual but rarely use it. I find it easier to express by hand. Definitely hold fire until you start bf as it depends whether you will need to express for an odd feed or exclusively express xx

If you're going to express regularly then I'd say get an electric one. It'll save a lot of time and energy. Medala Swing is fab.

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

I have an advent electric pump which is fab for me. I brought it from TK Maxx for £20 and its still in other shops for £80+! If your thinking of getting one to be prepared then its worth looking in their baby section x

I forgot about TKMaxx. You sort of have to be there at the right time but you can pick up some right bargains there.

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

I have an advent electric pump which is fab for me. I brought it from TK Maxx for £20 and its still in other shops for £80+! If your thinking of getting one to be prepared then its worth looking in their baby section x

Wow what a bargin! I will have to stalk the tkmaxx baby section then! Still undecided what to do, not going to rush into getting one just yet unless i see a bargin.

Stupid question, but is it ok to just transfer the expressed milk into a differant sterilised bottle? Im an ocd about germs, gona be a paranoid head with all this sterilising crack lol x

It was my bargain buy last time! I used to put a lid on the bottle I had expressed into or pour the milk into a sterile storage bag so I think it would be fine to transfer to a different sterile bottle x

Yes you can just transfer to another bottle once expressed

Like the others said though, I wouldn't bother buying anything til baby arrives- you don't know how you'll get on with it all

I didn't buy a pump til about 6 weeks in, but tbh I hardly used it cos it was so much faff- was easier to just breast feed and I did that til H was one

I'd just think about what you might like to buy, and then at least if you decide to get one, you won't need to do your research later xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back