Which breast pump do you have?

Lucy

Reaction score
Hi

I'm looking at buying a breast pump and wondered which one you use?

I've had the mini medula electric pump recommended and I think it's a good one but have heard it's really noisy - perhaps they are all like that? Maybe it's not an issue if it is really noisy?

Thanks

Lucy
37 + 3

I use the avent isis hand pump and I think it's fantastic :D

I used the boots own one with my first child and the avent one with my second which was so much better so I will be using that one this time too.

Hi Kim and Kerry - thanks for your replies

Just a question about non electric pumps - is it really hard work to express manually? Sorry if I sound daft but even playing games consoles I seem to get achey hands - does it make your hands/wrists ache?

Thanks

Lucy
37 + 3

Mine doesn't make my hand ache, although I thought it would. I think you will be fine :D

I had mothercare's own one and it's great :D
Barely used the thing for 2 weeks though as my sodding milk dried up :x
Didn't make my hand ache either and to start off with I used to express at least 6 or 7oz at a time.

I bought the Avent Isis hand pump today from Boots, couldnt believe the store had reduced them to £12.49 !!!!!!!

I didn't want to know that I paid £20 odd quid for mine lol :lol:

Think it was just pure luck to find them reduced at boots as they have about 6 of them in the reduced section with stickers on marking down the price yet they also had the exact same ones on the shelf in the baby section around the corner at the full £25.00! I also bought nipple shields, disposable briefs and some other baby stuff reduced yet again some were still at full price in the usual place.........shows you have to have a good look round just in case :roll:

i had 2 lol the tommee tippy 1st and it was awful so i went to buy a avent isis and it was great :):)

i had the avent isis, but i also had carpel tunnel and found it impossible to do, so i got the medula electric one and it is noisey but i just turned up the tv and sat watching the soaps while holding it in place, cant get easier then that, also its miminc babies sucking pattern to ensure you get more milk out. i was expressing 8 - 9oz at one time

Sorry Kim....My avent pump was brand new and FREE!!!!!
We live in a sure start area. (is sure start national or just around here?)
where they give out free pumps, fire guards, cupboard safety stuff etc....great hey? :D

Lucy said:
I've had the mini medula electric pump recommended and I think it's a good one but have heard it's really noisy - perhaps they are all like that? Maybe it's not an issue if it is really noisy?

I use this one as am lazy and couldn't be doing with the manuel one (though like others did find the avent one very good). Have had no probs with it, it is a bit noisy but that doesn't bother me after a while and I can even feed Seren one side with the pump the other and it doesn't seem to put her off her stride...though sayihg that knowing my daughter's appetite for milk I don't think anything would disturb her booby time :D

Hels,

When did you get your free avent breastpump? I live in a Sure Start area too, I've registered with them as well, not often we get something for nowt.

I've just bought the new baby box set from Babies R Us which has the Avent ISIS breastpump, electric sterilister and a couple of bottles and a drinking cup.

hi bagpuss
they told me about the pump before i had charlie, i rang and asked for some advice on breastfeeding after i had her, and they just told me to collect one if i wanted one, also they gave me breast pads, and you can get fire guards and baby gates too for free!!!

I used avent isis fantastic would recommend it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back