• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Breast Feeding?

NIE

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

Just wondering what your thoughts are on breast feeding and if you have plans to feed your lo's yourself.

I would love to breast feed by son but I don't think I can because of the medication I'm on at the moment and will probably be on in the future. xx

yes i'm planning to breastfeed, but also combine with formula.

I'm planning to breastfeed, but also try to express so hubby can get involved in feeding the baby. Not sure how successful that will be in reality - depends how much milk I have I guess :D I'm aiming to do at least a month, and maybe longer if there are no problems. Definitely stop before the first sign of teeth though!! LOL

Im planning on giving it a go, short term though - maybe two months.

I'm quite scared to breast feed to be honest... my cousin breast feed for a few weeks.. only to find she wasn't giving baby enough ... baby was losing weight.. i am scared of nothing giving the baby enough nourishment...

I am going to try the breast feeding and hopefully expressing too so OH can help :lol:

I am going to ask my midwife next week about the possibilities of giving it a go. Hopefully I can. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

I didn't realise that you could combine breast and formula at the same time. That might be a good idea, so I know that the baby is getting enough. xxx

I won't be breastfeeding as mine don't work due to a breast operation. I have bottlefed my last 2 children. I think breastfeeding is great if you can do it but a lot of the time i have seen friends get very depressed and feel like they are failing as a mother just because they can't do it and have to switch to bottle. I think the "I'll do it if i can, but if i can't then i can't" mentality is the best to have!

Alfie

dont think u can breastfeed and do formula can u?

im planning to breastfeed if it goes well if not i might express or do both :)

formula if all else fails :lol:

Just googled it and it seems that you can do both. You have to be careful of your own supply of milk though. It might be worth looking into. I'll ask my mw next week. xx

Definitely want to breastfeed. I don't plan to have any formula in the house as apparently that means you're more likely to give up. Luckily for me, the doula we've just employed is also a breastfeeding counsellor, so we can get some tips from her. I'm also going to join a local support group. I want to do so for at least six months, probably a year.

I'm planning on breastfeeding but I have no illusions about how hard it can be...

My sis had a very difficult first week with hers (nephew Joseph, now 6 weeks!) and had to ask for help. It's working just fine now but I can appreciate how difficult it is - I mean it's your first instinct, to get some food into your baby! So I won't be hard on myself if I can't do it but it's something I'm looking forward to if all is well!

By the way, here's Joe!

960223383_67ba2796cb.jpg

im planning to breastfeed, but my mum couldnt because she wasnt producing enough milk.

i take after my mum in everything, so i hope im different!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back