breast feeding classes

Linda

Reaction score
I've been told by my midwife about our local hospitals breast feeding classes, has anyone been to one of these and what is it like?

yes i went. it was quite useful, we watched videos and learned about expressing equipment and how to latch baby on, and how the breast works etc. it was a bit long (about 4 hours!) but its worth going if u wanna BF. x

i went to a breastfeeding "workshop" for a couple of hours, and there was also a bit about it in the baby basics workshop i went to. was quite useful, good to be able to ask questions too.

I should imagine it's quite nice to be able to interact with other new Mums too :)

At our antenatal classes the MW spoke about breastfeeding and how to do it, showed us a video etc. but now that the baby has been born I've been invited to a breastfeeding group which I might pop along to, really to meet new mums. This is organised by the HV / Surestart so have a chat with them perhaps.

Thanks,

might just go and check it out, the mw said it's about 3 hours.

i'll probably need all the help i can get..

i attended one at my old hospital.
very useful but i almost fell asleep because the woman was soooooo boring. but it was fun breastfeeding dolls :D

aww mid :hug: :hug: I'm going to come to you for advice as they don't do classes here

I don't know if Finn's suck has got more powerful but it doesn't half hurt when he 1st latches on at the moment!

I have no idea,I never went to one,but I have to give a little talk and demonstration at one soon :shock: :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back