Breast feeding and medication?

Hazel

Reaction score
I'm planning on trying to breast feed when baby is born but want to know about medications. I've asked the midwife but she seems to know nothing.

I use a steroid nose spray as have problems with my ears which I haven't been able to use whilst pregnant so I'm almost deaf in one ear. I also need some dental work doing which is booked for a month after baby is due which is going to involve root canal treatment. And, I want to go back onto the pill (Dianette) as soon as possible after she's born as I have PCOS and it's the only thing which controls my symptoms and I'm hoping having a baby may cure my fertility and hormone problems.

So, Low dosage steroid nose spray, dental work involving fillings and the pill. Anyone know the score??

The pill is the main one I want to start asap.

I've just found it on google.

Says can't take Dianette if breastfeeding.

I don't know what I should do now :? ?

hi hon

i have pcos too and am bf-ing.

my symptoms virtually disappeared when i was pregnant and tbh they're still not that bad now. my weight is a big issue for me, but breast feeding uses up a lot of extra calories, so i'm sticking with my low-GI diet and although i'm not losing weight (am back to my pre-pregnancy plateau of 11'5") i'm not gaining it either. i take connor for long walks every day so that i'm getting at least a little bit of exercise.

you can take the progesterone only pill but nothing else. i came off dianette a while before i became pregnant as it was making me depressed. i found that diet and natural supplements controlled it pretty well and will carry on with the supplements (and probably metformin) again when i've stopped bf-ing.

tbh if my symptoms do come back with a vengeance, i will still keep bf-ing. the benefits for connor far outway my own problems, and for all the difficulties i had with feeding at the start, i now absolutely LOVE it.

I would always put baby first as I know breastfeeding is better.

My symptoms have also improved whilst pregnant and I want to try and keep on top of it with the Dianette as it's like a wonder drug for me.

It took us 3 years and a lot of fertility drugs to become pregnant so I'm thinking prevention with the Dianette rather than trying to cure it in a years time.

Hopefully by getting my weight back down quickly it should be alright.

:hug: Hi

Just wanted to say that you should ask your gp about possible alternatives, and it is nice to see you want to breastfeed, I wish you all the success in it :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back