breaking bad habits

prettypenguin

Reaction score
Really don't understand Charlie at all, he will sleep fine from 6/7 til about 12/1, then wakes up, the only way to get him back to sleep is to feed him, he drinks about 6/7 oz and then about 5am he's up again, try dummy, teething gel, nappy change, even another bottle and he doesn't want any of that. I try not to pick him up and he's warm enough, just don't understand what he wants, if I get him up he's tired an hour later...just really getting on my nerves! I've tried keeping him up later, less napping,more napping, white noise, solids, extra milk at bedtime, hungry baby milk, music everything and for the past 2 months nearly he's just stuck to those.times...prob is when I feed him at 1 he won't take a full bottle til about 9am then, but if I don't feed him he's up for hrs even tried just warm water...argh, just ranting on really so I don't sit here tearing my hair out, feel like its never gonna end, bloody boys always seems to be more boys that don't sleep...I don't know if the milk is a habit in the night or if he is hungry, oh has suggested waking him about 11 and feeding him then, tbh I don't think it'll make much diff and I don't like waking him as he is horrendous when woken up hut if he wants to do it fine

Grace used to do this and reverts back now and just grew out of it, she does now and again but goes down at 7:30/8 sleeps until 3 has a bottle then sleeps till 7.
If he's not too hot/cold or the room isn't getting too light for him it may just be a phase.
I wouldn't allow grace out of her room before 6 am and tried to keep her in her cot and just sit next to her shushing her & giving her a dummy. She did learn that it wasn't time to get up, now if she wakes early she babbles away to herself until she falls back to sleep

Also i did try dream feeds but found they made her wake earlier for her middle of the night feed rather than go longer

Hey hun, i'm not sure what you can do to adjust the times that he sleeps but I know Jack would never sleep for 12hrs straight at night. He's very much like me and only needs the bare minimum of sleep. We put him to bed at 9pm and he sleeps until at the very latest 7.30 but thats rare. This morning he was up at 5.30am. He then goes back to bed 2hrs after he wakes up, he's snoring as I type! Maybe Charlie's the same and doesn't need a full 12hrs sleep?! Just not sure what you can do to change the time he goes to bed if he's stuck in that pattern. It's so difficult isn't it x

Yeah, I was just thinking maybe put him to bed without his bath etc and then see if he thinks its just a nap, then if he wakes before 8 bath him then and put him back down at 9? It is a lot of sleep in one go and he used to sleep 10-6 but he was screaming in the evenings, I put it down to tiredness so started putting him to bed early. Since then he won't sleep properly, that was 4 months ago but last few months has gotten worse :l

Clairebear, what time is Jacks last nap? And do you have to wake him from it x

We've never woken Jack when he sleeps, I don't believe it's benficial to wake a sleeping baby, especially if you wake them and they're still tired therefore grumpy. We just adjust his bedtime. He usually sleeps from 8.30-9.30/10am, then at 1.30ish for up to an hour and a half and then a quick nap at 5pm other wise he wouldn't last until 9pm. We do dinner at 6ish, bath at 7.30, bedtime story, milk & bed at 8.45pm. He's really poorly with hayfever at the moment so his sleeping is a bit higgledy piggledy but we still try to follow the same nap times. Jack's quite a bit older than Charlie though and at Charlie's age he slept as and when he wanted and woke at least twice a night! He's only been doing 9-7 for 3 weeks! x

Argh what a nightmare day! Was aiming to get him down about 8/half past, didn't want to put him down too late as it would be too much of a change. Well, from 10.30 til 6 he had TEN minutes napping, would not go back down, was really grumpy, at 6 he got sleepy and was out of it by 7, he was sleeping on me in just his nappy as he covered himself in his tea and I was planning on bathing him(I had blankets round him, he wasn't freezing to death) well, about quarter to 8 he woke up and was really smiley, oh loved it he never gets to see him cause of work, so as he seemed happy and not really tired i waited til quarter to 9 to give him a quick bath...well the quick bath turned into a longer one as he seemed really happy and just before I got him out he started crying, this was about quarter past 9, and after trying milk, dummy, teething gel even calpol and rocking and music he's only just gone down :-( I felt really mean, I am hoping hell be that tired hell sleep like a log and we can start afresh tomorrow but somethings telling me he will be horrendous tonightoh has offered to get up with him but I think he will live to regret it! Lmao xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back