Braxton Hicks

Squiglet

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that's what I've been having... I had them with Tia but today I've had them every 30 mins all day lasting a couple of mins... they can be quite uncomfortable... and I don't remember them being uncomfortable when I was pregnant with Tia.. Also not regular like these are... not even my labour contractions were regular...

When LO moves when I'm having one, its quite painful... I've also felt exhausted all day.. Does this sound normal? I went to my doctor this morning, but she's a miserable cow bag and really didn't want to know.. :roll: I'll wait till I am in labour go to her office and let my waters break over her desk, see if she's bothered then... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Hey squiggly one, thats the thing with contractions, nobody seems to know when they're having one, and whether they're braxton hicks or maybe something else! If this is any help my little preggy books says that you should always get checked if they happen consistently and are LESS than 30 mins apart, accompanied with back pain and/or discharge/bleeding. Your midwife really should check you out at least, it can't be comfortable AT all for you. I really don't know how to deal with spanish midwives they appear to be a law unto themselves! Could you not get to the hospital casualty dept and be seen there instead? I know they really only want emergencies but heck, whaddayouknow?

Hope all is better today. :hug:

Heck its 5 am and I'm awake and ready to go geez! :?

thats the same question i have. After my day in the hospital i have not really slept and think i feel tightening in my tummy but i just don't know what i'm looking for or if i'm just thinking it!! I'll let you know what my hospital says when i go at 4:45 today xx

I think if they are BH they are worse if you have not drank enough so get guzzling water and see if that helps :hug:

Yeah I get BH quite alot wasn't sure waht the hell was going on at first.

I found with my second baby that my braxton hicks came a lot earlier, were a lot stronger and more painful. So maybe as its your second baby they could feel different?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back