Braxton Hicks?

Hi,

I know, this is my 3rd pregnancy and I should be an ol' pro at this lark, but it's been a while, so I just wanted to ask...

I don't remember getting Braxton Hicks contractions in my last 2 pregnancies, so wondered if this was what I was getting this time? For the past 3 days, during the day, then at night, I've been getting kind of period-like pains in my stomach, just above my public area. My bump is very low and I feel I can hardly go anywhere without needing to go to the toilet.

This is pains, but not sharp, more kind of like a throbbing ache, but building up then going again. I thought BH contractions were when your stomach tightened? I don't feel any "tightness", just this low down pain that comes and goes. Is this just normal BH?

I didn't really have any BH, just a few tightenings towards the end, so can't really help, but I do hope they stop causing you discomfort soon, so many aches and twinges in Tri3, sometimes hard to know what they are :hug: :hug: :hug:

With my first 2 I never had any braxton hicks but I did with my third pregnancy - the midwife said that the more children you have, the more you feel every ache and twinge with other pregnancies. I'm 24+5 with number 4 and I'm feeling braxton hicks already.

Thanks for that info, ladies. The pain I can handle, it's just that I worry about everything! Every twinge and I wonder whether I'll go into premature labour. I'll have to try and relax and stop being such a fusspot :D
xxx

I've started getting BH about 3 times a day now, apparently we get them from 6 weeks but never feel them till around 24 weeks or something.
Anyhow, mine are like period opains, faint sometimes and others alittle stronger. The bottom of my tummy tightens and is uncomfy for maybe a min then stops.

Mind you other times, I thought I was having BH, but just bad wind lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back