Braxton Hicks or not??????

nicki

Reaction score
Hi All,

How's everyone getting on?

Just wondered if any of you have started getting Braxton Hicks yet? I have been getting really bad tightenings and pressure around my pubic bone area and around the lowerr sides of my bump, I thought it was the little one shifting around but now i'm not so sure. On New Years Eve my whole belly went rock hard for quite a few minutes then eased off, again i thought he had turned around and stuck his bum in the air!!
Not really sure what Braxton Hicks feel like so any advise would be great.

Nicki.x

Hi Nicki,

Happy New Year to you, hope you had a good one.

I too would be interested to find out about this, just over the last week the baby's movements have really strengthened and some of them feel different to the others and I too wondered if it was Braxton Hicks?

Hopefully someone, more experienced in pregnancy will be able to explain.

How are you anyway? All good here, been keeping great, had a check up at the midwife just before Xmas and have a growth scan booked for the 7th Feb (I have a family history of pre eclampsia). The Maternity services in Aberdeen have been much better than i expected and the level of care has been great so fingers crossed all will be well.

Lx

Hi Ladies!!

Glad to hear all is well and everyone had a great holiday!!!

As to the question at hand I would say yes your definately having those lovely braxton hicks!!! As long as they are not painful or become consistant, (meaning every 10mins) and they stay sparatic then you are fine. If you find yourself having more then 5 an hour then get on the horn and call your mw!!

I have a habit of going into early labor so we have been having to watch these contractions like a hawk, mine actually are becoming painful and just as we are about to call they stop!! I've been getting these contractions for a few weeks now atleast everyday numerous times a day so I will be discussing this with my mw next week when I go in, but I know she tells me to drink plenty of water when I am having them because 9 out of 10 times there is not enough fluid in the body and that's why we feel them more. So when someone gets brought in they have them drink a gallon of water and the contractions usually stops.

OK, well seeings how I just gave a complete explanation! :shock: I don't believe in summing anything up!! :wink: I'll end this lesson now!! lol

xoxo Ree

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back