bras

chelsea

Reaction score
i read im supposed to be wearing a supportive bra, well i thought i was until i read underwired ones are bad.

now i dont know what the heck to look for! do i look in maternity? or just non-wired ones? can i still wear padded bras (im small up top :( )

i also have a rather limited budget and dont normally spend much on underwear etc. so i need to find somewhere that sells them relatively cheaply.

anyone got any links?

please help im clueless!! :lol:

I went and bought an Asda sport bra, they are pretty supportive, im big up top.

Cant help on the padding front tho

go to marks and spencers and get meansured up for a support bra. They have them in there for around £12 i think. May be cheaper. If you can't afford that then just get measured (which is importnat) then go to asda and get a sports bra. They do 2 packs for next to nothing.
But if your budget can strtch get from m and s. Or better still mothercare. :)

Please do get measured though. Its really important and you'll be thankful when you get older coz you will have nice pert breasts and not saggy ones. Mine are fantastic after having 4 kids coz i looked after my breasts at all times but especially throughout pregnancy and breastfeeding - remember you only get ONE pair

so you can use a sports bra? i wasnt sure. thanks :D

i also read that i shouldnt sleep in a bra, but should when baby is due soon/after its born? or something like that. ive been measured so i know my size i just wasnt sure what i needed :lol:

can you tell ive never done this before?

i slept in my support bras at night becasue i think they needed support at night as well as in the day.
I also slept in feeding bras too. This was becasue of the support issue plus i needed to use breast pads and it stopped milk leaking all over the bed etc.

:)

I posted about this a while back. I actually got two m & s maternity bras for about £3 for both on ebay and they had hardly been worn (i knew my size beforehand) M&S do some decent ones (not in the two pack as they make your boobs look pointy) They are the padded ones with the bow on the front (maternity range and not the boxed ones) they are about £12 but at least you still get a cleavage.

Claire x

I can't bear the thought of non-wired (got lots up top even before pg!) I asked mw and she said to wear whatever I felt most supported in. the underwire stays! in fact I still fit in my old bras (@18w) so I'm happy with that for now! Does anyone know whats the reason behind not wearing an underwire? Am I going to damage the boobies? :?

I found this on the internet: Many midwives and retail outlets advise against purchasing underwiring in pregnancy. The reasoning behind this advice appears to be that the rigid wire may interfere with the natural changes in size and shape of the breast during pregnancy. This may obstruct the increased blood flow or "squash" of the developing milk duct system, causing pain, discomfort and possibly mastitis.

Hope that helps,

Claire x

i got a really comfy & nice PADDED and non-underwired bra from mothercare. it's the only place i've seen padded but not underwired bras.

millie15 said:
I can't bear the thought of non-wired (got lots up top even before pg!) I asked mw and she said to wear whatever I felt most supported in. the underwire stays! in fact I still fit in my old bras (@18w) so I'm happy with that for now! Does anyone know whats the reason behind not wearing an underwire? Am I going to damage the boobies? :?

I hated my maternity bra's last time round (M&S and Mothercare) - without wire I felt like there was no support. I found a company called Anita who do a specific underwired maternity bra. It was £25 but I think worth it to feel more comfortable, plus its only about 3 tubs of formula and you can save on all that expense! I git mine from Blooming marvelous but I think they are more widely available.

We have a great shop in town where the women always fit you to a bra that's perfect (for fit and price and occasion) so I went there and got a couple of "Pre-natal" or maternity bras which ok aren't the most glamourous but oh my god they're comfortable. ALso, they fit the bras with room to grow so you get the best life out of them.

My experience with high street stores hasn't been great. I much prefer my local!

I have bought 3 of the M&S support bras, not very sexy I hasten to add, but they are very comfortable and do the "support" job well (my boobs resemble cantaloupe melons at the moment and just read they will get bigger still in the 3rd Tri :roll: )!!

They are also very reasonable, so as your size changes they wont break the bank!

millie15 said:

Poking my head in from tri 3 - yes apparently if your underwired bra does not fit correctly there is a chance that you could block your milk ducts but being a FF girl myself i went to a proper bra fitter and asked if i could still wear underwire and she said as long as she was happy that my bra fit correctly and that the underwire was not digging in anywhere i could still wear it and it would prob be better in the long run for my boobs - so mine stays too - i just keep getting fitted every 5 weeks or so to make sure i havent gone up in size.

Ooh I got mastitus after I had Joseph!! Not nice at all! I feel very uncomfortable without a bra! I cant go bra-less! They would ache! I tend to even wear a sports bra for bed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back