Bra Fitting?

i get my OH to measure me, he is really getting good at the skill!! i am far too shy to let a stranger do it!! heres how:

1. Underbust Measurement
Measure under your bust:
add 4ins. if the measurement obtained is an even number of inches
add 5ins. if the measurement obtained is an odd number of inches.

(For example, if your underbust measurement is 31ins., add 5ins. to obtain bra size 36, or, if your underbust measurement is 30ins. add 4ins. to obtain bra size 34.)

2. Overbust Measurement
Measure round the fullest part of your bust to determine Cup size.
If the bust measurement: is:
same as your bra size, your Cup size is A.
1in. more gives Cup size B
2in. more gives Cup size C
3in. more gives Cup size D
4in. more gives Cup size DD
5in. more gives Cup size E
and so on through F, FF and G

An example:
Underbust measurement of
29in. + 5in. = bra size 34
Overbust measurement of
34in. = Cup A

So the correct fitting would be 34A

thanks for that Grace. I am too - I don't know why, prob because I am so flat chested I think they will just turn me away.... I am in a 38B at the moment and so proud of myself as I was wearing a 36A with padding before I got pregnant!

Glad to see I'm not the only one disappointed at not growing any boobs yet :( I'm still in my 34A. They could at least have grown a bit to make up for all the horrid stuff I'm having to put up with. LOL

My cup size hasn't gone up but the under bust measurement has gone from a 36/38 to a 42 :oops:

I have to say the lady at Mothercare Southampton was excellent, and so patient, when measuring me. She really went out of her way to help. I also found the people at my local branch in Essex were great :)

I ended up getting a couple of no wire bras from M&S. Although measured at Mothercare - they didn't stock the size! Doh.

I have given up on how much mine are changing! I found that bikini material is really stretchy and comfortable, and is a lot easier to just pick size 10, size 12 etc than the numbers and letters thing. I'm all sorts of sizes in different shops and it's just a nightmare. So went to Primark, got a size 10 bikini and job's a gudden. :cheer:

leckershell said:
I have given up on how much mine are changing! I found that bikini material is really stretchy and comfortable, and is a lot easier to just pick size 10, size 12 etc than the numbers and letters thing. I'm all sorts of sizes in different shops and it's just a nightmare. So went to Primark, got a size 10 bikini and job's a gudden. :cheer:

hmmmm... thats a very good idea :D

tangerinedream said:
leckershell said:

hmmmm... thats a very good idea :D

It's worked so far, and since bikini's are just coming out at the moment in time for summer there are loads to choose from. I figured at Primark I had nothing to lose as it only cost me £4 anyway and I got matching briefs too included in the price, that actually stretch and comfortably fit my bulging belly! Bargain :) and nice to still be able to wear matching underwear that actually fits!

well i decided to take the plunge and get measured yesterday after getting back from hospital, am so sick of itchy boobs thought it was about time...

:oops: i was so shocked i have shot up by 3 sizes, im now in a very comfy cotton size 36F eekkkkk considering i was only in a 36c 2 months ago...

Hate to think how much bigger im gonna get especially when baby arrives, fills me with dread!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back