Boys name possibly decided?

Mummybexee

Reaction score
My hubby and I have struggled and struggled for boys first names

The only one we both have agreed we like is

Jenson Stewart Vernalls

The middle name is a must as it's in memory of his dad he lost 6 years ago- the only thing that worries me is people will think we have named our baby after jenson button the F1 driver - hubby was a petrol head and still loves cars- this annoys me at the thought and it has no relevance to that- just quite a cute name but a name he can grow into as an adult :)

What do you think- does it sound ok? I can't think of abbreviations which is good- doubt he would get called Jen....

I think its a nice strong name. I wouldn't worry about the jenson button thing, it didn't even cross my mind until you mentioned it lol :lol: people soon forget about that once he is here anyway x

I like it. But I know what you mean about not wanting people thinking your naming after someone famous.

I really like Sadie for a girls name, but don't want people thinking we are naming baby after Sadie Frost.

i wouldnt think u named them after sadie frost lol that wouldnt come into my mind

as for jenson. im not a huge fan of that name personally but if i heard it i wouldnt think you had named him after jeanson button... id think oh like the driver, but not that they were names after if that made any sense

We had jenson picked out for a boy, I love the name. Again I wouldn't think of jenson button, if anything I like the name after the actor jenson ackles! We had a daughter and called her Harper and the amount of people who have said "after beckhams kid" which isn't the case at all, I don't even like beckham, just like the name! Tbh I just ignore them now lol, or tell them it's after charlie Harper (charlie sheens character in two and a half men) that gets a lot of people confused as they haven't seen the program! Xx

Henson is a lovely name! You could always shorten it to 'J'?

Jenson is a lovely name! You could always shorten it to 'J'?

I really like it : ) I think people will always associate a name to something, not much u can do xx

Still not 100%

However we quite like Harrison ? What does everything think of Harrison? X

I think both Jenson and Harrison are gorgeous names.
I have no idea who Jenson button is ... :oooo: like Rachaell says - people will always associate a name with someone, either famous or in their personal life. I work in a boys school of 180+ boys so finding a name that you don't associate with someone (or that you don't mind associating with someone) is pretty hard.
We are naming our son Logan George Paterson - of course we have already had 'o like wolverine?' Or 'o like Logan's run?' - truth is we just love it as a good strong Scottish name!
As long as you love it that's all that matters xxx

I prefer Jenson to Harrison.

When I hear Harrison I automatically think 'Harrison Ford'. Sorry.

Jenson was on my list too xx

If you & your partner like the name lovely then that is all that matters! I didn't have a name at all for my little boy when he was born as I didn't know what I was having until he arrived. All threw my pregnancy I did have an inkling that it would be a little boy but then thought it could be a little girl but I had my girls name already sorted out they were easier for me than a boys name as I just didn't really love any names I had put on my shortlist! The name just came to me out of nowhere when all my other choosen names just didn't seem to suit him as he didn't look like any of the names I had picked. The one he has seemed to fit him perfectly & it seemed like it was meant to be as his name means "bringer of light" that's exactly what he has done. I'm fortunate in a way that I was the only one having to decide on the name so I didn't have to try to persuade or get my own way ;) lol

People will always assume . You go with the name you really want hun

Jenson is popular but think I prefer it to Harrison just based on Jenson being a braver stronger more unusual name, but it is a shame the driver has made it popular!

I was super keen on Emmett, have had it as a name for years since back to the future films ! And they sodding make a lego movie!!!

Last edited:
I like Jenson hun xx but you go with what your heart wants xx I wouldn't mind the Jenson Button connection at all :)

lol TS we went with Oscar in the end - hes 15 months now ;)

Haha sorry should have read the initial dates thought maybe it's a name for next one xx

no tis little bundle is a girly :)

thinking about Evie, as it goes with Oscar quite well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back