Boys and girls alone

daftscotslass

Reaction score
Who watched it? What did you think. I'm still in two minds, I got really upset for the wee girls as they're the same age as the ones in my class :(

I thought it was very interesting!

I thought that the older girls were very mean to the younger ones and I thought the camera crews and the parents should've intervened more.

My DD1 Ellie has recently turned 9. I cannot imagine her taking part in a show like this and surviving and also, I cannot imagine her speaking to/being spoken to like the children were to eachother.

I cannot believe some of those parents - their children were sobbing and asking to leave yet they said they should stay and see what they get from the experience - WTF?? Especially Sid's mum, she should have shut up and listened to her boy. I would also be disgusted by some of those girls too - I would have had my daughters out of there in a flash but then I wouldn't have let them participate in it in the first place. Doubt I'll watch next weeks

I'm watching it now. Vile :shakehead: :shakehead: Totally wrong!

I'm watching now on catch up tv and I think that all the bullying is horrendous.

I really hope the 'weaker' kids get something out of this and become stronger in life. because if they get nothing out of this then it's all in vain, and that's the really upsetting part. :(

I thought the girls especially, were difficult to watch :? Those poor little ones were the same age as my daughter - I would have ripped her out of there, away from those vicious bullys, immediately!! Saying that, she wouldn't have been there in the first place :shakehead: :shakehead:

Oh - and WTF did they think the graffiti was going to achieve :shock: :evil:

i was shocked! my little brother's 10, so a similar age to those kids - and i know for a fact he's nothing like that! i was really shocked by the swearing & bullying, little girls are evil!

I thought the mums who were trying to pursuade their kids to stay were being really selfish.
A couple of the girls were total bitches too, I think there are girls like that in every school, hopefully they'll become nicer as they mature.

I'm not a mother so I can't say I'd be taking my child out of there at the drop of a hat (and obviously my opinion is going to be different, before anyone jumps down my throat). Sid's mum said that he had begged to go on the show and she finally agreed to let him. He got hungry and irritated and gave up begging to come home, in my eyes I'm glad she encouraged him to stay, when he reaches later life he won't be able to start crying and want his mum. All the kids boasted about how they could cause chaos and there were no parents to tell them what to do, I think it's good they went a little hungry, shows the jobs you parents do isn't so easy after all, and how hard it would be to survive without parents.

I agree that it's very interesting (although I was gobsmacked at the 2 girls smoking in the next episode!!!) I want to know where they got the cigs!

I'd like a 13-16 version, I'd be great ;) :lol:

Sephs said:
(although I was gobsmacked at the 2 girls smoking in the next episode!!!)
:shock: :shock: :shock:
i didn't see that! how old were they?!

i'd loooove an older version, so awkward and hormonal!

charlotte_ said:
Sephs said:
(although I was gobsmacked at the 2 girls smoking in the next episode!!!)
:shock: :shock: :shock:
i didn't see that! how old were they?!

i'd loooove an older version, so awkward and hormonal!

I saw it too. I think they rolled a piece of paper and lit the end with a match. I don't think there was any tobacco in there.

But still, that just shows you how far it can go. I would go absolutely mad if I saw my child doing that. But then again i wouldn't let my child take part in this 'social experiment'...

Sephs said:
I'd like a 13-16 version, I'd be great ;) :lol:

I agree!
Although, I think there'd be a lot more bullying and intimidation. There is also the possibility of sex [sounds crazy I know!] but since the communities aren't that far apart they could meet up or something.

I wouldn't be having sex! :rotfl:

There was a big brother with teens in YEARS ago, if anyone remembers? 2 of them had sex and I never seen it again! You're right Claire there would be sexy stuff, in the 'next week' thing at the end, one of the girls took one of the boys in the cupboard and said 'I just want to tell you I love you' and then I heard a kissing noise, don't know if anyone else seen?

I suspect you're right Laetitia, I didn't think about paper! :rotfl:

Sound a bit Lord of the Flies to me.

13-16 they'd just sneak off to the nearest pub.

OMG I watched it again (with my husband this time because he wanted to see it) and it's real cigarettes :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sephs said:

There was a big brother with teens in YEARS ago, if anyone remembers? 2 of them had sex :rotfl:

Yeah, and I think the next day they gave her the morning after pill! :? :wall:
I'd be worried about STD's more than anything else :? :?

I was an angel when I was a teenager :angel:

:fib:

Dying to know where they got the ciggies from! Not one of them looks 18. I'm 16 and barely get served for them, but apparently I look the oldest so it's always me who goes in.. :lol:

Sephs said:

There was a big brother with teens in YEARS ago, if anyone remembers? 2 of them had sex and I never seen it again! You're right Claire there would be sexy stuff, in the 'next week' thing at the end, one of the girls took one of the boys in the cupboard and said 'I just want to tell you I love you' and then I heard a kissing noise, don't know if anyone else seen?

I suspect you're right Laetitia, I didn't think about paper! :rotfl:

I remember that.
Two teens had sex in the BB house and then she was given the morning after pill in the diary room!

Last night's episode was very shocking, with the knife incident, bullying etc. :shock:
and I'm glad those cigarettes were fake!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back