Boyfriend and college

Marmite

Reaction score
Im not sure if im posting this on the right place, but it seems as good as any.

Anyway, I just had a sneaky peek at my boyfriends college site where he can access his timetable, reports, attendance rates e.t.c. and I have found out that his attendance is absolutly terrible, it ranges from 57% to 25%.

But now im not sure if I should approach him, im pretty sure he will get mad at me for checking up on him, but also he was nearly chucked out of college last year for his attendance, and last year it was BETTER than this year. Also he did quite badly in his exams last year which he shouldn't have done because he is pretty clever, I expect it's because he didnt turn up to enough lessons.

Gah! :wall:

mm tough one.

if it was me, i think i would approach him, but make it clear i was worried about him. I couldn't sit on that knowledge, it would drive me crazy and i would be funny with my OH without meaning to be (but that is just me, and what im like).

do you live with him? do you know where he is instead? you could 'bump' into him when you know he is meant to be in a lecture/class :wink:

sorry ive not been of much help :hug:

hi hun,
i dont think u should say anything, and u probably kno u shouldnt hav been checking up on him! theres nothing u can do anyway as whats done is done. maybe try 2 strike up a conversation about it (not telling him u been checking on him tho) try 2 get him 2 open up why hes missing lessons. there must b a reason, maybe hes depressed or even being bullied?
good luck

S&A - I don't live with him, and I have no idea where he is instead, he often drops in on me inbeetween then says he's going back, but he must have been lying quite a bit of the time.....

Mindna - It might be worth mentioning it and just taking the telling off, Your right about saying im just worried about him (which I am, didnt just check up to cause trouble or anything)

Trixipaws - I don't think I'll be able to get him to open up without saying that I know he's skipping lessons, he's never been much of a talker, I'm not sure that there is much of a reason unless it's just a really underlying problem, because he's been skipping lessons for years, just not to this extent. He's definatly not being bullied, he's really popular.

I guess I just thought seeing as things are getting a whole load more serious he might put some effort into getting at least a college education, it's not like he's not clever enough :think:

Marmite said:
Im not sure if im posting this on the right place, but it seems as good as any.

Anyway, I just had a sneaky peek at my boyfriends college site where he can access his timetable, reports, attendance rates e.t.c. and I have found out that his attendance is absolutly terrible, it ranges from 57% to 25%.

But now im not sure if I should approach him, im pretty sure he will get mad at me for checking up on him, but also he was nearly chucked out of college last year for his attendance, and last year it was BETTER than this year. Also he did quite badly in his exams last year which he shouldn't have done because he is pretty clever, I expect it's because he didnt turn up to enough lessons.

Gah! :wall:

i would send him straight to your room and punish him severely :shakehead:

how rude of you budge :roll:

grrr, now ive started thinking about it properly i feel really angry about it. Im full of hormonal pregnant rage and i dont think im going to be able to keep it to myself if i wanted to.

Marmite said:
how rude of you budge :roll:

grrr, now ive started thinking about it properly i feel really angry about it. Im full of hormonal pregnant rage and i dont think im going to be able to keep it to myself if i wanted to.

sorry i was just being kinky :rotfl: im sure he'd enjoy going to your room and being punished. :rotfl:

nuh uh, no punishment for him (least no kind he's gonna like)

All this anger has made me sleepy, hah, thats quite bad, i think im gonna go to bed and rant at him tommorow :shakehead:

Tell him off.He's got responsibilities now.
My bf is exactly the same.He thinks he ca still live in his little dream world where work and eductaion doesn't matter,while Im sitting there going MKFKGJIGJIRISOG!! at him.

Hah, I checked up on him even though I promised not to, don't I just feel bad now?

But he's doing even worse, I feel like there isnt a single thing I can do, he told me his attendance was getting better :(

Mine moans about how he hates school and he'd rather get a job.He can't even get a part time job atm so he's talking rubbish.Also he just skis class when he feels like it cause he "doesn't like it"
It annoys me so much.I'm trying to keep up with school,as I'm in my first year of A-level,plus full time care of his child,plus doing housework etc and I don't want to leave it all to my mum,and he's moaning cause he has to go to tech from 9-12 four days a week.Love them to bits,but men are just such...men!

Yeah, I wouldnt feel so bad if he didnt just completly lie to me about it though, he told me today that his attendace is getting much better, which i know is a lie... he never talks about it.

Im not in college at the moment, so I feel like a bit of a hipocrite telling him to go to college, but Im gonna be going back to college, and if he's just completly failed then the pressure is going to be on me more... and im going to have a baby to look after.

he's in real trouble, in one of his lessons he has been put as effort 4, which is the worst possible, I expect he will get chucked out of college soon if he keeps going, but im not even sure if its worth talking to him about it because I doubt it will change anything.

Well you need to tell him-and tbh I need to tell mine-that the time for poncing around and having the freedom to mess around in college is long gone,and in its place are those wonderful things called responsibilities...

Well you need to tell him-and tbh I need to tell mine-that the time for poncing around and having the freedom to mess around in college is long gone,and in its place are those wonderful things called responsibilities...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back