Boy name & Girl name (your opinion?)

cahrens1987

Reaction score
So, we have kinda got our hearts set on the two names now... but I'd love to hear your opinion on them both. Please, I will not get offended if you do not like them, its good to hear other views - so please be honest.

If its a boy: Caleb Elias Ahrens (Elias is pronouced Eli - us) Caleb Means Dog lover I believe (which we both are, so I'm sure baby will be) :)

If its a girl: Avana Isobel Ahrens (Although she will be called Ava short for Avana) Ava Means Like a bird, and Isobel is after the fathers nan whom passed away last year.... concidentally our baby is due on Isobels birthday which is nice if he/she comes on time!

So what do you think?

Thanks xxXXxx

I like them, the only one im not too sure about it Elias, i cant descide if i like it or not. Caleb and Ava are lovely though.
xxx

Will you be using both names? Like Emma-Louise? I love the names xx

I wasnt sure on Elias either but James (the father) thinks is sounds nice with the Sirname Ahrens? It was either Elias or Isaac as the middle name.

they are both forenames, middle names and surnames - none are double barrel.

Thank you for your comment ladies :) xXx

I like the name Caleb and i love that you have taking the meaning of the names to heart :)

However, i have alarm bells going off about Avana... It's like Ivana Trump... like "I wanna trump".

Having "I wanna" as your firstname might open them open to being picked on.

I like both names but prefer Ava to Avana, I think I agree with LouiseB's post.

I really like both your names!!

I think Avana is nice, it's original without sounding made up.

And I know the most adoreable Caleb ever. And your sirname is pretty cool and goes with them both

I like Ava but not Avana, I chose Ava too but hubby don't like it! Isobel is nice to. I prefer Issac (another on my short list!) to Elias and not keen on Calib but don't know why, sorry! You do have a nice surname, think it's the kind of name that goes with anything!

Hi there - love your boys name!
I'm with the ladies in respect to Avana....Ava is lovely, but Avana to me, comes across as either a misspelling of Yvanna, or Ivanna...sorry :( But Ava is lovely and if you are going to call her that then why not name her it as well?

Thanks so much for your comments and thoughts ladies, much appreciated... I've taken on board about what some of you say about Avana sounding like "I wanna" - a possible line up for being picked on! :/ but still a sweet name. Maybe I will name her Ava in the birth certificate as well...?

I think I'm set on Caleb as the first name, but considering Isaac as the middle name over Elias? Will have to think about that one...

Thanks ;) xxx

My OH really likes Ellis and wants that as a middle name, sounds quite similar to Elias if you liked the sound with your surname! x

I like ava better than avana (I to think of avana trump)

I like both :)
I've heard of Elias before.
Isaac is nice too though xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back