Bottle.... Questions?! HELP PLS!! :D

happy-chick

Reaction score
OK after trying what we thought was everything someone suggested (Littlelady/Mel) that we try a muslin square over the teat because Ellie will suck her hand, teddy, clothes but not a bottle.... and it worked!!! She wouldnt suck when we put the bottle in her mouth but as soon as we put a muslin square over she did, amazing!!! :D :dance: She only took about 10ml then fell asleep :lol: but its definately a start!

My questions are:

1/ How can we ensure that the muslin square is sterile that goes over the teat... Do they need sterilising? Could they go in the steriliser then in a sterile container ready to be used? How long could they stay in the container before they need using? Any other ideas?

2/ The muslin square is restricting the amount of milk shes getting, we've tried putting a hole where the hole in the teat is but it moves around so doesnt really work... any ideas? Could we get a fast flow teat as the flow would be restricted by the muslin square so probably wouldnt be too fast for her?

3/ Are there any bottles that anyone knows about that doesnt have the rubber teats or one that maybe has move texture as it seems to be the texture that she has a problem with not the actual sucking motion.

We're going to try her with a bottle (& muslin square) as much as poss to get her used to it then eventually hoping she will take the bottle without the muslin square. U couldnt imagine how happy I am that she will at least attempt a bottle cos ive been REALLY feeling the strain recently as ive not had a proper break so this is great news!! :D

Cheeeeeeeeers from a very happy mummy! :hug: :cheer:

I can't help with the muslin questions, but boots do their own brand bottles that has a textured teat, maybe worth a look.

Yay for Ellie tho! :dance: And well done Mel for the suggestion! :cheer:

mam teats are kind of textured and they are the only ones dot will take

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back