Bossy baby or something to be concerned about?

Jayjay027

Reaction score
Morning ladies.

Just after a bit of advice.
For the past few weeks, I've noticed that when I lie on my left side, my baby goes nuts. She punches, kicks, squeezes whatever she can reach, to the point that it hurts me and I have to move over. So I can never lie on my left side for longer than 15-20seconds.

I got really worried about it, and started thinking the worst, like maybe the cord was wrapped around her neck and when I lay on my left it was choking her, and I've been awake since 3.40am worrying about it.

I called the mw and spoke to her, and she said that it sounds as though I just have a very bossy baby and she wouldn't be too concerned about it. But then she said if I still feel I need reassurance, I could go to the hospital and get them to check me out.

I felt happier when I got off the phone, but I don't know whether to leave it at that, or get checked out anyway just to be safe.

Do any of u have a bossy baby like that?? What would you do? X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

My friend had a baby that went absolutely mad when she was lying on her left side. Nth was wrong with the baby. He just didn't like it at all lol.

Maybe the way the baby is lying currently means if you lay a certain way it makes her uncomfy.

Like everything though, if in doubt I'd get checked out

xxxxxxxxx

Aw. I know how you feel, hun. Mine is an absolute pain in the arse. Freaks out at nothing at all. Beats me senseless every day around mid-afternoon and again when I lie down to go to sleep. It gets hiccups three times a day and then gets annoyed by them. Yesterday, we were out all day and when I was on my feet it would not stop kicking and punching the front of my belly - it really, really hurts sometimes. I just think of it as being a bit of a hyperactive monster - I don't know, it doesn't worry me too much. But get her checked if you feel like it will reassure you.

Hey sweetie,

Sounds like a hyperactive little lady!! I have not expirienced this but if you are concerned I would go and get it checked out, there is no point in you continuing to worry for the next 13 weeks. xx

Last edited:
Could it be the way your placenta is positioned, that you feel baby more on certain sides?
or like others have said the position your little girl is in?

I think if you are still worried after speaking to your MW then i would get checked out just for peace of mind :)

Yes, Pickle is the same. He doesnt seem to like it if I sleep on my left side. I was initially worried as all the advice is to sleep on your left for the best blood flow to the baby etc, but if I do he goes nuts, really kicking until I roll over. So most of the night I sleep on my right but wake up with a sore hip in the mornings.

Pickle has always liked hanging out on my right side for some reason, perhaps yours is the same and just isnt comfy until we give them space to wriggle over there.

I spoke to my mw who said it is best to sleep on your left but not to worry too much if its not possible. I agree with KarateKid, if you are worried go and get her checked even if it is nothing, at least you'll feel better, stress/worry is not good for either of you.
xx

Thanks very much ladies.

Hubby is at work so I'll either get him to bring me later on or tomorrow if I'm still concerned.
I'll have a wee chat with my mum and see if she ever experienced it.

Thank u x

Riven is the same, if I lie on my left he freaks out but I am getting him back he doesn;t have much room in there now lol so he can't kick as much hahaha :)

If your still concerned later I would go and get it checked out it can;t hurt :) xxxx

I wouldnt worry hun, im sure it happens to us all and there must be something about the left side that sets litte ones off ! my little one was exactly the same, and my midwife said if for any reason your worried about movements just lie on your left side and baby should move, i felt like i was squashing her if i did it, now though she doesnt budge at all when i lie down - i think shes getting too big :) xxx

Wouldn't hurt to get it checked out, and would put your mind at rest!x

Having declared earlier that it doesn't really bother me... Mine hasn't stopped scratching, punching, kicking etc. since lunchtime and it fooking hurts. I ate super-spicy homemade quesadillas for lunch - I wonder if the mega dose of chilli annoys LO? Hm. But I eat spicy food all the time...

I'm going to ask my MW at my appointment tomorrow if it should be as painful as this. I feel like LO is really annoyed sometimes, but I'm not lying down or doing anything unusual - just at my desk... I feel like it's trying to bust a way out through my stomach wall. Will let you know what she says.
xx

Yeah let me know what ur mw says.
I've put this to the test and its every time I'm on my left, she just seems so distressed and annoyed. X

Hi hon, sorry didn't notice this post til now. Yes my little critter does this when I'm on my left. His/her favourite position is sideways, head at left and feet at the right. If I lie on my left I get beaten senseless, every night without fail. So I lie on my right. When I do this baby stretches out and pushes feet down as if getting comfy! I think it's the upside-downness that baby doesn't like.
What position is yours in just now? xx

I have no idea what position she's in lol. But I think she's lying sideways with her bum to the left. She's a wee wriggler and is always shifting positions.

She doesn't seem to be upside down when I'm on my left because of where the kicks and punches are it seems as though she's facing the left, if u know what I mean x

I have no idea what position she's in lol. But I think she's lying sideways with her bum to the left. She's a wee wriggler and is always shifting positions.

She doesn't seem to be upside down when I'm on my left because of where the kicks and punches are it seems as though she's facing the left, if u know what I mean x

Maybe she prefers being upside down then, bit of a weirdo perhaps? :p xx

She probably is a weirdo!! Both her parents are, and her maternal grandparents are too lmao x

Even at 34 weeks I have no idea if baby is head down or not. MW had a feel this morning and thinks it's head down, but ummed and ahhed a bit about it. I think LO doesn't like it when I cross my legs at my desk and lean forward - I might be squishing its head or something. Oop.

I asked her about movements being really big and painful - she said it was all normal and not to worry. A more active baby is a good thing. I don't know about lying on your left side... I think mine is more active if I lie on my left than my right, but I've been sleeping on my right for most of the time because that is how I'm most comfortable. I think that as long as you're still feeling movements at the times of day that LO is normally active, then it's OK. It's normal for it to hurt - given how much it can hurt if you've just got a bit of trapped wind, having a baby is like having a very large trapped piece of meat on the bone in your belly!

My MW also said it is very rare for babies to tangle themselves up in the cord so much that it affects them adversely - the umbilical cord has a jelly-like substance that protects it from tightening too much if there's a knot in it or something. Only if your placenta is failing, the umbilical cord can get a bit thinner and then it's more prone to a tightening knot, but it's really nothing to worry about, even if you feel that baby is turning somersaults all the time. I felt reassured by her advice.

Anyhoo. That's all I got out of her this morning. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back