Boring :(

xx.kelly

Reaction score
Hey ladies... :)

This will Probz be a long post so apologises in advance. Me and my boyfriend have been together for almost a year and before I was pregnant I was always up late and up for a drink and stuff but now that I am pregnant I just don’t have the energy in me :( Now I’m lucky if I stay up past half 11 coz I am just so tired.

Plus he is waiting to start up his own business so I am the only one who is working just now so I am out all day at work well he sits in and watches TV and plays on the internet – I just don’t think that its fair that I should get labelled ‘boring’ because I am pregnant.

But last night he said that he hated that I had become boring and started going off on one and now I am worried that he will leave me because I am pregnant.

Just looking for an advice :) Thanks is advance

this is truly unfair.. you need to sit down with him and have it our with him.. he needs to get of his lazy ass n get a job! as a partner and father men should provide a stable ground for their family..he isnt showing responsibility at all...and he isnt showing that he can provide good morals and guidance for your child by being lazy...

and sorry but my husbands lucky if i stay up past 9. your partner needs a good slap accross the face with reality! your not boring your growing his baby! cheeky bugger!

its just that its really starting to get me down as well. Coz the other day he called me fat and I started crying about it coz been feeling really sensitive since started getting a bump and then he when he was trying to make up with me he said 'your fat because your pregnant'! I was so angry!

He just doesn't get it. :(

my boyfriend sings 'big girl you are beauitiful!!'

we went through a adjustment stage when my bf was a bit moody. He's fine now, he was so excited when he found out i was preg but i think it takes them time to understand the pregnancy. It takes them time as the baby is not growing inside them, they don't feel it or bond so quickly.

Also us girls change. I used to be out every night, was slim and we were always going away. Now i'm tired all the time, complaining nothing fits and i worry about everything (we can't go to people's houses with cats, i worry if people have washed my veg enough!!).

It's a lot for them to take, but its there fault we ended up like this!! there is no excuse for their behaviour but i think we also go through an adjustment (nesting!!).

Give him a book (lots of mine have sections for the fathers to read!!)

He'll be fine, just tell him to pull up his socks!!

He is being stupid!! You need to talk to him, explain how you feel and tell him he is being unfair. He probably has some reasons like he is scared, jealous, cant fully comprehend the change in you and your body, but still, he needs to go away and have a think and come back and realise what a wonderful thing is happening and be more supportive.

My dh has had difficulty coming to terms with the whole thing, but talking does help and he is much better now. :hug:

Well he sounds completely idiotic to me...

You should tell him in no uncertain words that the fact you are "boring" is his fault anyways... and the reason your "fat" is his fault too... Plus try and play on his masculine side saying that the father should be the provider of the family. Caring and protecting his unborn child and the woman carrying that child which requires him to take some of the pressure off you in terms of physical chores (cleaning, hoovering etc) if he is not providing anything financially...

The likelyhood is that he won't leave you over this but that he is having trouble adjusting... My DH had trouble too and called me boring and fat for the first few months. Once the baby started moving and he started seeing scans and hearing the heartbeat I think he felt much more involved. I think they just see you as being moody and fat for no reason at first, its not until its obvious that there is a baby, their baby, growing in you that they get the idea.

Keep your chin up and remember that whatever happens you and your baby come first and if you don't feel up to something, then don't do it... and if you bf doesn't like it...he should have thought of that before he made you pregnant.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back