Amount of Movement

emma1976

Reaction score
Hello,

I am 23 weeks Monday and wondering how much movement I am supposed to be feeling. Some days are more than others and some days I don;t feel much at all. This obviously worries me as I was silly and watched a film not long ago on a woman who gave birth to a downs baby and she didn't move and slept all the time. Therefore, here's me thinking the worst! I'm sure it's normal but I just have to make sure.

I am also sure that I have mainly paranoia hormones that have erupted since being pregnant :) xxx

Hiya...

Im 23 weeks tomorrow so we are about at the same time. Its exactly the same with my little one, somedays it appears to do nothing but move, kicking about here there and everywhere. Where as yesterday it hardly moved at all, and last night I was really concerned but it made up for it and gave me a few hefty kicks this morning to stop any more paranoia. I went to sleep worrying myself silly thinking that something was wrong. Mind you...ive been paranoid and worryed since day one. Thought once the 12 week period would pass I would be better but sadly not. Think ill be the same until the day i give birth. We still have not bought a thing and wont be until week 30 !!!

I didnt have the Downs Tests because of my age (40) as they would have been higher anyways and didnt see the point in worrying for 6 months. The other reason being that I wouldnt abort if the news was bad. Did you have the scan though at 20 weeks? Cos I read up in the notes about it, and normally there are certain characteristics that can be detected on the scan which may point to a Downs baby. (correct me anyone here if im wrong) They said everything was fine with my little one.

Good Luck with the rest of your pregnancy
I wont say Dont worry...cos I know you will...lol (as i do)

Ragna xxxxxxxxxxxx

iam the same im 28 weeks today i asked my midwife and she said thats normal and not to worry :D

My midwife told me some babies are naturally sleepy and if that's what you've got then you could be in luck for when he/she is born!

Mine is active and I've been warned that he/she may well continue the habits when born (i.e. I should get used to the sleepless nights :shock: ).

I was also told that I should only worry if baby's patterns change suddenly - e.g. if a sleepy baby suddenly starts moving a lot, or in my case if I don't feel much movement one day.

Also - some people only start feeling movements at 22 weeks - maybe you have a lot of fluid and you're only feeling the really hard kicks at the moment - is it possible your little one's moving all the time but you can't detect all the movements yet?

I would say as long as everything was OK at your scan(s) and nothing has really changed in terms of level of movement then don't worry.

LBxx

Although my baby seems to move a lot, there have been times when I worried it was not moving.

I woke to go to the loo one night and the baby was moving loads, wouldn't keep still and kept me awake for ages.
Don't forget that when you move around in the day time it can rock the baby to sleep, and when you selttle and sleep at night the baby an wake up so you miss lots of movement.

I didnt feel anything till about 21weeks, and then it was very sparodic at first, ow however the midwives and sonographers comment on how active my baby is and keep writing it on my notes. as it dosent stay still for long enough to have its heart monitored or to look at it!
Will prob end up with a really active baby keeping me up all night!

Even though baby is very active I still get the odd day where I have very little movement so I really wouldnt worry, Unless you go 24hours of feeling nothing.

Its swings and roundabouts really, some people have active 'bumps' other get little movement, take heart in the faact you may end up with a lovely peacefull baby that sleeps lots!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back