Booo silly system!

Annie050408

Reaction score
Hi there,

As I still hadn't heard anything from a midwife I decided to call the doc's to find out what was going on. I am moving to a new borough in a few weeks so they decided that all my care would be taken over by the new borough, which is fine, but they sent all the paperwork to the new address despite the fact I told them we hadn't exchanged contracts! I had to call the hospital in the new borough today and they told me that the paperwork had gone to the new house and that they wouldn't send out any more! So I had to call the estate agent and get them to ask the sellers to forward the letter to me! Also, they told me over the phone that my first midwife appointment would be at the hospital on 2nd April which is 2 days after my 12 week scan- I'll be nearly 13 weeks then! It just seems a bit late to have any contact - what do you think?

Last edited:
Are you moving far? Are you exchanging soon to make sure you do move to that area.
Is it worth asking them to book you in earlier as if you lived there, and you could just travel there specially for the appointment? Then this would be before the scan as normal.

When I had mine today, they only took blood tests and filled out paperwork, nothing else clinical really incase it is too far to travel.

It's not too far- it's only 30 mins away but I don't think they'll move it as they gave me that date thinking that's where I live now.

I guess the date is not too bad because I'm a teacher and so not due at school that day. I just thought it was odd that it's so late.

That is really annoying!! You just want to get started, I know how u feel, I hope mine isn't that far away. You should ring them any way just to see. I thought the midwife arranges the scan, who arranged yours? x x

Mine is being done directly through the doc and is going to be at King's College Hospital in London.

My booking appt was a few days after my first scan too. I don't think being 13 weeks will be a huge problem, but I can understand your frustrations because you just want to see your little baby!!! hope you can sort it out xx

I thought mine was bad! I have to wait and see if the midwife phones 10,11 weeks.. If not then I got to phone her! I think it's rediculous, I mean the first 12 weeks are crucial to a babys development and to know what not to do, not what to eat etc... It's lucky we have the Internet to find out about these things but spare a thought for ladies without The Internet!

im seeing mine on 15th but did chuckle im being treated under hospital and i had to be refered then assigned one from there then still got the same one id have had if i had been at gp surgery lol hope all goes well and the time flies for you x

That dont do much at all before your scan hun so I wouldnt be too concerned myself :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back