Booking D&C And Scared

Natalie2188

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Im going to book a d&c tomora as ive been spotting the brown stuff since monday and told im gunna misscarry,

i was going to do it naturally but i cant wait any longer

so im gunna have the d&c Scared about it tho but its gotta be done...

has anyone else had one can u please tell me if it hurts and that cos im scared about having it done.

and me and the bf broke up because of me losing the baby appently was my fault i lost it :sad:

Last edited:
Natalie, I am so sorry you are miscarrying - I had a D&C and it's under general annasthetic (sorry can't spell that), and so your asleep , and won't feel a thing. Yourll come round and you will be out of the limbo your in now.. I was 12 weeks preg when I had mine, but 26 days later , I had my first period.

Your ex boyfriend needs to think about what he is saying, ignore him, nothing you could have done or didn't do will have caused this, it just happens

Good luck for you procedure and your emotional recovery - keep talking in here as it really will help, you can't do this alone x

Thank you..

i will keep talking in here it is helping me , its hard going through this alone.. but i just want it ova and done with now. then i can go back to my normal self and being with my kids i have already

Thank you..

i will keep talking in here it is helping me , its hard going through this alone.. but i just want it ova and done with now. then i can go back to my normal self and being with my kids i have already

It really helped when I had mine, the forum really got me through it, like a pf daily chat theraphy, have you got someone that can look after your kids while you have it done?

Yeh my sister is going to watch them for me so i can go have it done but ill be going alone so that bit sucks but ll be alrite

Wow what sort of a person says that. You're best of without him by the sounds of it.
I had the op, it's absolutely nothing to worry about, in fact it was the easiest bit of the whole thing. The procedure is over fast, and recovery is quick. In and out in a day and a little bleeding afterwards but nothing to worry about xx

So sorry. I will be doing the same thing tomorrow myself.

My scan this week showed my baby died at 8 weeks

Hope your ok xx

Just going to echo what the others have said, the D&C is the easy bit, quick and painless. Emotionally its a bugger, I can't believe your having to cope with ridiculous accusations from your now ex-BF. I've just finished reading the "call the Midwife" book (i think there is a tv series on this), and there is a chapter on woman who tried to self abort by doing all sorts of weird things, and the babies are ok, then there are people like us doing it all right and it goes wrong. You have to just take it on faith that its not meant to be this time.

Realy sorry for ur loss ur bf is a knob to be polite it's not anyone fault bless ya , il echo what the others have said aswel I had 2 erpcs now both at 10 weeks and I was so relieved wen it was over and it was fine just normal bleeding after like a period my second one I had one day bleeding that was it,gd luck hope it all goes ok for u and this forum was my life saver xx

Thanks everyone really appreciate it,

Just hard time at moment . Hope it gets done before Xmas I can't go on ova Xmas knowin I'm still carryin a dead baby it hurts , always happens to good people

But it's nice to know ppl out there been through the same

Thanks everyone really appreciate it,

Just hard time at moment . Hope it gets done before Xmas I can't go on ova Xmas knowin I'm still carryin a dead baby it hurts , always happens to good people

But it's nice to know ppl out there been through the same

Oh they won't make you go that long, I'm sure they will want it done within the week hun - I ended up starting to misscarry myself while waiting the days for my D&C, ended up in A&E with blood transfusions and then had D&C anyway as it was not complete and would not stop, they really can't leave you too long.

Glad your sister is there for you and your kids

Last edited:
So sorry Hunni.

I had a d&c and I was asleep. Diddnt feel much after other than a little cramping and bleeding. Was awful. But I've since had two beautiful boys. That baby was just not ment to be xx

Hi everyone

Had a scan this morning and the sac is still there an I'm bleeding around it so hopefully will b havin my D&C this weeks

That's the one bit I was worried about was being put to sleep, but don't worry because its not bad and mine took five minutes and when I woke up I was fine and wanted to get straight up x

I am sorry hun, I had one this year too and, like you say, it gets you out of this horrid limbo and you can move on! I had a terrible empty feeling afterwards (I hope I dont upset you telling you this but I want to tell you my experiences too) but this feeling goes too - I just kept telling myself it is the hormones. Just make sure you take care of yourself and spend time with the ones you love (and not thinking about the ones who judge you for something this is definately not your fault). Take care hun and keeps us updated on how you are! We are all here for you! XXXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back