My levels are still very high :( and D+C questions

Tasha20

Reaction score
As some of you may know, I am having a miscarriage at nearly 8 weeks :(

I have just had a call from the nurse to say that I have very high levels and need to go back in tomorrow to check they are going down.

I have red a lot into going naturaly, but I just dont think i could cope with waiting, especialy as my hormone levels are still high and it will be awhile before the placenta will come away :cry:

I am thinking about having a D+C to get it over with, has anyone else had a d+c?

I dont want to do the tablet option as the ward they do it on is were all mums and babies are, and it would just kill me, not only that the way it sounds just doesn't make me feel very comortable about that option.

I cant believe im here, im so sorry, just never thought it would happen :cry: :cry: :cry:

just giving you more hugs hun
i never had a d&c with either of mine...
its hard hun, try and hold in there ok...ill try and help if i can :hug: :hug:

Tasha, I have no advice - but I was so sorry to read this.

:hug: Thinking of you petal

Valentine Xxx

when i was losing the twins i decided to go the natural way, anyway it took a few days for things to happen and the pain was terrible. After a couple of weeks i had to go back into hospital anyway due to everything not coming away ( they said it is quite common ) so i had to have a D+C anyway, i feel like i would have saved me so much heartache and pain if i would have had the D+C straight away when it was offered. But everyone has different feelings about that.

Anyway the D+C itself was very straight forward, i felt no pain what so ever and the bleeding had stopped within 3 hours of me being home. I'm not sure what you want to know hun but if you do want to chat or ask me anything feel free to pm me.

Sorry once again for your loss :hug: :hug: :hug:

Im so sorry your going through this, when i had my missed miscarriage i had the MVA manual vacuum aspiration as i am scared of being put to sleep, if you want to know more about this just pm me :hug: xx

Thank you very much everyone.

I think I am going to go for a d+c, I really cant bare waiting, I ave Olvia to think about and I need to sort myself out for her sake.

:cry: I cant believe how hard this is, I am so sorry for all of you have been through it :hug:

im so sorry huni!!!

ive got no words of wisdom re a d&c (was never even mentioned to me at the time), but i did want to offer some hugs, and tell you if you ever need a chat pm anytime :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

and tell Oliva to give her mummy lots of get well soon cuddles :hug:

I had a D & C and for me was the best option, didnt want to wait for it to happen was too upsetting ! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

sorry for your loss and thinkin of you xx :hug: :hug:

I'm sorry hun. I had a D&C and it really was the best choice for me. I had a missed miscarriage so I hadn't had any symptoms yet and I just didn't feel that I could wait for it to happen naturally. I did have to wait 5 days before they could get me in for the D&C, but I felt some sense of closure afterwards. My heart goes out to you right now. :hug:

im so sorry again hun :hug: :hug:
ive never had a d&c, i had a pill and 48 hours later everything came away.

Tasha, just wanted to say that I'm so sorry for your loss hun. Unfortunately I know exactly how you're feeling (just posted in 1st tri - scan shows probable missed m/c).

Completely understand you deciding on a D&C; my first m/c happened naturally and after experiencing it once, I don't want to have to go through it again so will definitely be asking about a D&C this time.

Good luck with everything, hope you don't have to wait too long x

Oh tasha.. i cant be of much help about the D and C option as i turned it down.. I couldnt have gone through with having that done they said it would affect my future fertility "slightly" which was enough for me to say no to it..

I took the tablet thing, and to be honest it was all over within about 5 hours, i was allowed to go home once they had given them to me. only 4 little tablets.. I really think thats how an abortion is done which made me feel sick.

I hope your ok tasha :( :hug:

Tash hun Im so sorry xxx
I had a D&C as well as using the tablets that \Beth had, I was concerned about the D&C affecting my furture chances having more children
I was assured it would and it is a very simple procedure
I felt a little crampy for a coule of days but I can realy compare as I had the molar pregnancy which is very diff
I hope you are bearing up hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

Tash hun Im so sorry xxx
I had a D&C as well as using the tablets that \Beth had, I was concerned about the D&C affecting my furture chances having more children
I was assured it would and it is a very simple procedure
I felt a little crampy for a coule of days but I can realy compare as I had the molar pregnancy which is very diff
I hope you are bearing up hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

Tasha im so sorry, ive only just read this and gutted for you :cry:

I had as d/c and it was a quick recovery and the pain and bleeding was gne within 24 hours.

Thank you everyone

I have decided to go for the tablet option as the d+c scares the hell out of me.

i have also been told that there never was a baby and have found out it was a blighted ovum.

I feel worse about it, I feel fooled and stupid for thinking I had a baby when there was naff all the apart froma stupid sack and placenta :cry:

i go in sunday for the first tablet, i hope it dont dragg on anymore than it has too :(

Tasha dont feel stupid - no one has a baby for the first few days/weeks... its just a sac.. gosh :( this is so horrid. How on earth has this happened to all of us... You, me and Emma :( gosh. all in like one week..

Others have said the d&c thing was fine but i, like you, really did not want to have an operation done if i didn't have to. i took co-codamol for pain relief and it was AMAZING.. i cannot recommend it enough hun. after about 10 minutes of taking it i felt no more pain at all.. wonderful stuff...

take care :hug:

Hi

Just wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss :hug: :hug: :hug:
I know it is very hard - I've just found out I've had a missed miscarriage but think I'm going to have the D&C even though it scares me too - it is the quickest way to closure I think.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back