book reviews (what book are you reading at the moment?)

*Oh, i forgot to say - i would also recommend anything by torey hayden - truly amazing books*

xo

Hayley, I really wanted to enjoy 'the five people you meet in heaven' but thought the idea of the book was better than the book itself, if you know what I mean? Certainly gets you thinking about who yours would be though eh? :think:

It took me AGES to get into 'we need to talk about Kevin' but I got hooked about halfway through. It's a slog but worth it. :)

Have just started 'Misconceptions' by Naomi Wolf. It's a non fiction book about the pregnancy and birth 'industry' and how women in the Western world are manipulated and influenced throught the journey into motherhood. Interesting stuff. Anyone read it?

I am reading 2 books at the moment Todd McCaffrey - Dragonsblood and Baby Secrets by Jo Tantum and Barbara Want. Dragonsblood is not bad but I don't think it is as good as the ones written by Anne McCaffrey. Baby Secrets is a very easy read and seems to make a lot of sense.

This is a great thread!!

I was stuck for books to read but I think Im going to go down the library later.

xx

LittleMinx said:
Hayley, I really wanted to enjoy 'the five people you meet in heaven' but thought the idea of the book was better than the book itself, if you know what I mean? Certainly gets you thinking about who yours would be though eh? :think:

I picked it up in borders without reading the blurb, i actually thought it was gonna be some religious stuff or something, and i settled in the bath with it and i just couldn't stop reading it!!
It was probably more cos like you say gets you thinking who your's would be.... I think its just a nice easy read!!

Have also got the abortionists daughter sat on the side waiting to be picked up.... is apparantly "richard & judy's summer read" i didn't know that, was just on the tesco's site and ordered it along with my shopping! Seems to be abit of a murder mystery or something.... just looked like something i'd read!!

xox

Hayley you will have to let me know how The Abortionist's Daughter is, I have it saved as one of the books I am going to order next time from amazon :)

i havent read a book for a while but the last one i read was

"the little prisioner" by jane elliott

hevwithbump said:
i havent read a book for a while but the last one i read was

"the little prisioner" by jane elliott

I haven't read a book since school :oops:,so i can only recommend macbeth if anyone fancies it :lol:,i just read closer,reveal and pregnancy and birth magazine,oh and the sun :rotfl: xx

Budge I just finished "A light in the Window" and loved it, shocking! Isn't June Goulding an amazing woman doing what she did at age 22 back in the 50s? Thank god she wrote that book as well as informing the world of those atrocities she also shed some light for the relatives of those poor girls.

Come on ladies lets recommend some more books, the only other book I read this week was "What to expect when you are breastfeeding and what if you can't". I can totally reccommend it as it explained everything in such a straightforward way that I am now feeling prepared to give it a wholehearted go :D

I'm just reading Daniella Westbrook's Other Side of Nowhere...only just started reading it but it has me hooked...
xxx

ive just bought back Jane Eyre from the charity shop i gave it to in march :roll: . So thats what im reading.

Have started the abortionists daughter.... its got me gripped... am not that far in to it... but its gripping

xox

HayleyB said:
Have started the abortionists daughter.... its got me gripped... am not that far in to it... but its gripping

xox

whats it about hayley?

Its a lady doctor who is a"pro Choice" who is found dead (murdered) and where i'm up to she's not that long dead and the speculation is starting...
The author has written it from all different angles... the police, the husband, the daughter etc

Interesting read!!!
x

It has really good reviews on Amazon, I'm definitely going to read it.

Ive just finished reading Cecelia Ahernes book If you could see me now. It is brilliant.In fact all her books are good.definately one Id recommend

I'm now halfway through 'my best friends girl' after a couple of you recommended it. I cant put it down,I only got it this morning!!!

xx

Hi all

Just found this tread by accident today, any way after reading that some of you were recomending "we need to talk about Kevin" I thought It sounded like my kind of book, so when I was down town I went to W.H.Smiths to pick up a copy.

Anyway they had an offer of Buy 1 and get another for 1/2 price and the first one to catch my eye was the abortionists daughter read the back and also sounded like my sort of book, then came back here and noticed that others have recommened that 2 so really glad I've go 2 great books to read.

xSuzx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back