So pissed off at the moment :(

DanDecMum

Reaction score
Just a bit of a rant ladies so please feel free to pass by, I just need to get it out :(

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :( :( :( :( :(

Looks like Dec hasnt got his place in pre-school :( I am so, so angry, there is 3 of us in the same street and the other 2 children got in, and why ???? well because their mothers are on income support and I am not :wall2::wall2::wall2::wall2:

I only applied to one pre-school because most of the others are to far out and plus I am in the catchment area for the one I applied for, but because my son has a working mother I dont get a place and may I add I am no longer a working mother, I was at the time I applied but not anymore but that means jack because I am not entitled to income support !!!!!! By no means am I being mean about mothers on income support, I am just so angry. I mean for goodness sake one of the kids that got in is the child of a 17 year old (no offence ment) who is just sending him because she couldnt be bothered dragging him around anymore :shock::shock:

Dec was so excited every day he would wait for the post man to see if his school "letter" had come :( I cant afford a private nursery but I feel I am letting Dec down and I am going to go through my finances tonight and see what cuts I can make so he can go to a private one. I really am so angry I actually have tears in my eyes, my poor little man, this is how I am being repaid for being a hard working mum. The same happened with Dan, he was refused his first 2 choices of primary school again because everyone on income support got in before me, I had to send my son to school in a area I wasnt keen on, thank goodness it turned out to be a great school and he done so well.

Now I am thinking why work at all ??????? :( :( :(

Thanks for reading if you got this far !! lol

What a pile of shit Hun, poor little mite waiting for his letter!! Is there not an appeal or anything like that?? :( sorry to hear this hope you get something sorted xxx

Poor little man. I'd appeal if you can, I know you can with schools etc so if you can with pre-schools I'd try and appeal. Hope you're ok :hug:

i empathise with your GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

me and Liam have had alsorts of troubles because we have dared to stay together as a couple culminating in no support for us but 'you would get twice the money if you werent together'

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i hate our society right now :(

hugs to you - its horrid to be chastised for working

Huge :hug: hun.
That is terrible. I'd also go down the appeal route. Since when did being on IS become a condition of a child getting a place at nursery? Shocking :(

Id try at the other preschools, i didnt want to get my daughter into preschool here till i knew what school she was going to and when i found out i applied at the school and she started the nursery the next day :). How old is he? as 3+4 yr olds get free nursery places even at private nurserys if you work or not. I hope you manage to get him into one, or what about taking him to play groups? x

Huge :hug: honey. I would also go down the appeals route. When did it become the case that IS was a defining factor in whether or not a child got a place? Appalling...

xx

Last edited:
Over here Income support has always been a big factor in PRIMARY and SECONDARY school places, I never thought it applied to pre-school and nursery :( Tbh I dont think there is an appeal system for pre-school as it is not compulsary so the child doesnt need to go :( and I think it is the same with nursery school, not sure. I know I am going to have a hard time getting him his nursery school place as there is so many mothers on Income support around this area :( The only good thing is I know I wont have a problem when it comes to primary school as he will deffo get into the primary school Dan went to :) Thanks for all your kind words ladies, the only reason I want him to go to pre-school is because we need to work on his social skills and listening, we thought pre-school would be great for him but if it isnt to be then thats it nothing we can do :(

I never realised even private nurseries gave free places to 3 year olds, he will be 3 in October so maybe one of them might take him. Thanks again xx

I have herd if your child dosnt get in pre-school at 3 then you get 16hours a wk of private nursery for free. Around here when monty went to pre-school it didnt have anything to do with income support its if there were people living on the same street and there was limited places it would be done in foot steps from your front door walking to the school gates and the closest would get the place at all abit crazy,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back