boarderline low platelets?

lisa&alex

Reaction score
anyone else have? or had?

my 1st bloods were the same.. i have 138 and the lowest for home birth is 100

anyone got any ideas on how to increase them? they are the little bits in your blood that help clot..

i looked on google and it said to increase vitamin b12, so.. i dont really want to take suppliments if i can help it.. so i figure eatting more red meat will really help..

the best way to increase it is liver.. which i know im not supposed to eat (i think tis more in the 1st months when the baby is developing) i have searched why liver is harmfull in pregnancy and it says you should limit liver, more than not eat it..

so.. i have bought some pate, and im going to have some on toast once a week.. see how it goes.. any other ideas??

kiss my anus.. stfu.. or im gonna kick u in the nuts..

lisa&alex said:
kiss my anus.. stfu.. or im gonna kick u in the nuts..

OOOooo I don't have those last things.. but I'm sure you can borrow DH's :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I have low platelets,at the mo they are about 95, but they will probably drop to 60/70 by the time I go into labour. You can't do anything to increase them unfortunately! I've this with all 3 pregnancies :roll: If they drop too low it can increase your risk of severe blood loss after birth (happened on no1 but not on no2).

138 is ok really, my normal blood count when not preg is only 140

im gonna try and increase my b12... will get back to you on it.. lol.. but saying that not sure how long it will/might take to work to increase them.. im having the bloods done at 36 weeks..so might take about a week for the results to come back..

I had low plateles throughout my pregnancy hun. Mine stayed at about 95 throughout the pregnancy but didn't cause any problems during the birth. I'm sure you will just keep having to have your platelets tested throughout your pregnancy to moniter them and make sure they don't keep falling. :hug: xxxxxxxxxxxx

i didnt think about this till i read what u jsut said gem..

but i had.. gtt, and bloods done one week after another.. so i had 2 things of blood taken then the next week had another 2 taken.. no wonder they are low really.. bum holes..

I have a weekly platelet count done because of my injections and my current count is 268 which I think is ok...

I don't think it makes any difference to your count how often they take your blood and how much they take :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back