BLW

Try it chick, even if she just plays with it for a bit is worth it, just to learn how to hold food then work it's way up to her mouth. Just watch her like a hawk though invade she takes a massive chunk!

Charley still gags now even though he's been eating finger foods for months. He'll start gagging while still trying to shove more food in his mouth.

Oh I love charley can I keep him please?!

You wouldn't want him ATM, I swear he's on his period cos he's a moody shite ATM!!

Ahaha meriods at that age, classic! I still love him though, I think you Lacey and charley should come live with me and our oh's can live together :)

Owen didn't really get that much food down him for a good few weeks. just a lot of squishing, moving it and playing. One thing we did which BLW doesn't really promote is hold the piece of food in our hand and offer it to him to take from there-He was still picking it up just from our hand-it meant he could get a better hol don some things. We only did that for a few weeks.

The gagging is different to choking though and it's a strong relfex when they feel a lumpy bit in their mouth-I think it begins just at back of the toungue so the food isnt anywhere near the throat. So in a way when they bite of massive bits it's not actually gonna get down their throat but they'l gag on it and out it comes, does that make sense?>! It was really hard to start and yes I found it mega stressful! esp in the first few weeks when I was on my own. We had researche choking and I felt fairly ok with what to do-that helped a little.

I honestly can't believe how much he eats nowand it's just so great. So proud of him :) Give it a go and if your not happy then change it! Any questions please post or pm and I'll do my best to answer! So quite without helen123!

xx

Owen didn't really get that much food down him for a good few weeks. just a lot of squishing, moving it and playing. One thing we did which BLW doesn't really promote is hold the piece of food in our hand and offer it to him to take from there-He was still picking it up just from our hand-it meant he could get a better hol don some things. We only did that for a few weeks.

The gagging is different to choking though and it's a strong relfex when they feel a lumpy bit in their mouth-I think it begins just at back of the toungue so the food isnt anywhere near the throat. So in a way when they bite of massive bits it's not actually gonna get down their throat but they'l gag on it and out it comes, does that make sense?>! It was really hard to start and yes I found it mega stressful! esp in the first few weeks when I was on my own. We had researche choking and I felt fairly ok with what to do-that helped a little.

I honestly can't believe how much he eats nowand it's just so great. So proud of him :) Give it a go and if your not happy then change it! Any questions please post or pm and I'll do my best to answer! So quite without helen123!

xx

Found this really reassuring. We've done the holding food as an offering too!! Just because he gets so upset if he just moves it round and round the tray. My OH is fine with it all but I'm just a nervous wreck... even tho BLW was my idea lol

xxxxxxx

Lilymac, how's it going with the BLW? We've gone back on the purees, I got too scared and also as he'd been having purees for just over a month I was worried about messing his diet around too much!

Gonna start introducing finger foods as snacks instead when he's 6 1/2 months instead!

xxxx

I forgot all about this!! Had so much in my usercp I didnt see youd replied :( sorry!
Hes doing quite well, he loves pear, apples, not too keen on bananas though. Toast he finds hilarious but eats better than anything else, Carrots and broccoli went down a treat, I dont think hes tried anything else yet my minds gone completely blank!!

I wanna give him grapes but they seem really scary!

I forgot I'd asked too lol

My nephew apparently stuffed loadsa grapes in his mouth and my sister hadn't even cut them in half lol My sil freaked and scooped them all out tho!

Oz is still on purees, but he only seems taken with 1 tbh the rest he onky manages a couple of mouthfuls before he refuses. Gonna start him on finger foods next week.

Aiden is doing so well. Does he gag much? That's what bothered me, even tho I know it's normal i just couldn't handle it lol

He does the first couple of times he has something new, its not very dramatic gagging though so its not that bad to see!
Aiden was the same when we tried him on purees, he just wouldnt eat anytthing except spag bol! Everything else would be a couple spoons and then hed scream blue murder! You've just gotta keep trying I suppose, and the whole gagging thing does get easier, promise x

Drake loves grapes, especially the red ones. His favourite fruit is strawberries!

The gagging is scary at first (drink spewed the first time he gagged!) but he never gags now.

When Noa have grapes I half or quarter them.
Try avocado, its really good for them n most babies loves it, Noa have it on toast or just in pieces x

I'm gonna try Oscar with some toast. What do I use though coz I'm worried about him having too much salt? I know you can get reduced salt butter but is the salt in the bread making it all too much? God I annoy myself how much I worry lol

Also, do you cut the crusts off too?

Oh god I never even thought about salt in butter! I just use flora light cos thats what I eat :?
I dont put a lot on though and yeah I cut the crusts off :)

:yay: good luck, let me know how you get on :)

I use unsalted butter. I think if you use bread in moderation then toast us fine. I give Drake only one bread product a day if that.

Yeah we ent big on bread in our house, I only cut him up one slice, half of it ends up on the floor and the rest ends up mushed on his lap, he probably eats the equvilent of one soldier... Its early days though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back