BLW with a very enthusiatic baby = scared Mummy

CARNAT22

Reaction score
Everything goes straight to the mouth with no trepidation at all.

Anything long (green beans, baby corns) are shoved in as far as they go. Anything raw (red pepper, carrot batons) he manages to chew lumps out of really quickly. He crammed a whole broccoli floret and a whole cauliflower floret in his mouth as well???

I thought in the beginning they just play with [and maybe attempt to taste] things.

Literally everything goes immediately to mouth and in as far as he can cram it.

It's pretty scary. Will he learn his limitations any time soon as I am getting quite anxious giving him food now as he seems so fearless ???

xxxxxxx

Last edited:
My lo is the same!
I have him a piece of banana yesterday and he bit off a massive chunk. I took it out of his mouth immediately and panicked. He cried and I pooed my pants.
That was the first and last thing I'm giving him to eat himself. He has no fear, just takes massive chomps x

My two were the same, in fact E still doesn't chew :roll: they do eventually learn their limitations, they're just experimenting and learning, although I know that doesn't make it any easier as a mummy! I used to literally sit on my hands to stop me grabbing things off them! I did once have to step in when I realised Ks mouth was a bit too full, she had something like 6 grapes and 4 cocktail sausages in there :shock:

Glad it's going well, it's hilarious watching them eat!!

C is a monkey!! He is and still is a slow starter when it comes to food, he eats anything but has a short attention span!! Xx

Ethan is exactly the same! :lol: He's very good with his finger food & demolishes everything that gets put in front of him, but he stuffs his mouth full to the brim - so much so, food is dangling out the front of his mouth lol.. He very rarely gags and manages to swallow it all, but many a time I've hooked food out of his mouth with my finger! Now, I just let him get on with it because he enjoys it so much but keep a very close eye on him xx

W's the same. I have to watch him like a hawk and sit on my hands while he's having a BLW meal. Iv seen him put 2 slices of toast in his mouth at once.xx

Ah. Try not to worry too much, sweetie. T is a monster when it comes to eating. She will shove huge amounts in her mouth at once and then shove some more in before she's swallowed the last mouthful. She's eaten all sorts of things whole and swallowed such large gobfuls that it's made her eyes water on lots of occasions. I just let her get on with it, whilst watching her all the time and she's been OK so far. I am trying to take a very relaxed approach. Other days she doesn't want to eat anything. I know she can take little bites, but if she likes something there's no stopping her, she goes kind of manic. It's hilarious xxx

I'm feeling much happier with it all a few days in.

James chomps off bits of most things but spits it out almost immediately.

So far the fave is melon fingers, I've never seen someone get so excited about melon bless him...

xxxxxx

Ah. That's good news. T adores melon, especially watermelon, and the juice runs all down her arms and goes everywhere.

This morning she was deep throating drop scones with chopped prunes in them. She loved them!
xxx

Ah. That's good news. T adores melon, especially watermelon, and the juice runs all down her arms and goes everywhere.

This morning she was deep throating drop scones with chopped prunes in them. She loved them!
xxx

:rofl: @ deep throating but do you know what that is exactly what he does!

I may have to refrain from using that term around the folks but yep it describes what he tries to do to a tee :lol:

xxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back