Bloody terrified!!

Thanks everyone :friends:

I have been looking on the HFEA website so I can compare success rates etc.. but am finding it really hard as although one is higher the the other, the lower one has only been open 8 years so that could explain why its lower!!! Arghhhh no idea how I am going to choose!!!:wall2:

I don't think that length of time opened would impact success rates as they are annual? :eh:

What you should do Vicky is go and visit both places asap :) Having a good feeling about the place can really make a difference because you won't get so stressed. I felt a million times more stressed last time just because the clinic was only chosen for extra treatments available and I still wish I could go back the first clinic I tried even though it didn't work for us because I liked it xx

I understand you feeling scared lovely but as the others have said you are one step closer to potentially getting your long awaited BFP good luck xxx

Lou out of the two choices one has quite a larger percentage of success then the other, I assume this is the best data to compare against each other?? There are so many facts and figures to look at!!

This is the lower one:

Lives Births per treatment cycle ------- Predicted chance of an average patient having a live birth
49 out of 209 ------ Predicted chance between: 15.7% - 33.5% most likely around: 23.4%

And this is the higher one:

Lives Births per treatment cycle ----- Predicted chance of an average patient having a live birth
70 out of 223 --------- Predicted chance between: 22.7% - 41.6% most likely around: 31.4%

Last edited:
Hi lovely I agree that you need to go and visit the clinics. I had a really good feeling about Herts and Essex the minute I walked through the door. They don't have the best success rates in the whole of England but I really felt at ease there. I would not worry too much about success rates what they don't tell you are the patients they take on. Good luck I am very excited for you xxxx

I do think that I'd look more favourably on the clinic with the higher success rates just because that is what you want - success!

If they take you on as a patient then you can hope for increased chances of a BFP. It does have to be taken into consideration as part of a while picture, but I would put wait time right as the bottom of the list of priorities if you are just talking in terms of months xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back